Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #241
lastboyscout
lastboyscout began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
In this shop: http://www.ereader-store.de (my recommendation)
Hi, i've bought the boox m92 through ereader-store.de, because it seems to be the right device for me.
The site seems trustable at first (and some people got their m92 here - really fast) so i was not very careful and bought it, but after payment i took a closer look and i'm getting nervous because the link to "trustedshops.com" is not working at ereader-store.de and it is not in their database as trusted shop (i'm the only one with this problem?). unfortunately I found no evaluations abaut the shop. hope crossing fingers helps.

it is a lot of money for me. pleace help me, that i can sleep well.

UPDATE
There were Problems with trustedshops.com-Link so ereader-store.de doesn't link to it temporally.

My M92 arrived Saturday!!! Great! Thx @ ereader-store.de. Very fast delivery. Now i can test the device. So far, I like it .

Last edited by lastboyscout; 01-02-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Offtopic
lastboyscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #242
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
booxtor is working at the this shop. i bought mine from it and had no problems .. and i will recommend it to my friends as long as their price is competitive .. so don't panic !
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #243
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post
Thank you Booxtor:

The device works fine. I have found a couple of bugs, but I think there will be improvements in the future.

RAFA
I have the same problem .. which means i need i need to print it as PDF!
also, i have tried 500 pages and it took a very long time to open it .. it was faster when i tried it with FC reader
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:42 AM   #244
logrus
logrus began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
This is exactly what I hate about my M90. I have to plug it in while resetting, or it never turns on.

You didn't mention if you are trying to turn it on, or wake it from sleep. I took someone's suggestion on another thread to actually turn the thing off when I'm done using it, and my M90 is behaving much better now.
It happens when I completely turn it off. After some experiments I noticed that the problem occurs most of the time when I turn off the device with document opened. When I turn it off after closing it, it seems to be less frequent.
Stand-by seems to be fine, so I can live with it for now, but I hope it will be fixed in the firmware update

Quote:
Hi,
I just got it
ONYX BOOX M92 USER MAUNAL

Happy New Year!
Nice!
logrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #245
log-in
log-in began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
How to install Stardict dictionaries to Onyx Boox:
1. Create folder "dicts" (either on a SD-card or in internal memory)
2. Unpack the downloaded archive - it contains a folder with 3 files.
3. Create a new folder in your "dict" folder with the name of dictionary (stardict-English_German e.g.) and copy the 3 files into this folder

Now you can use it with your distionary app
hey,
what do you mean by "using it with the dictionary app"?

in pb 912 it is possible the read an english book.... when you dont know the word, you click on it and you get the translation.

is it the same with the onyx?

or is it like on the ipad, where you have a special app, you have to open, type in the word and just get your translation within this app....?!

regards
log-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #246
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by log-in View Post
hey,
what do you mean by "using it with the dictionary app"?

in pb 912 it is possible the read an english book.... when you dont know the word, you click on it and you get the translation.

is it the same with the onyx?

or is it like on the ipad, where you have a special app, you have to open, type in the word and just get your translation within this app....?!

regards
It's very similar (I would say the same) like with Pocketbook.

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-01-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #247
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Hi,
I've bought the Boox m92 through ereader-store.de, received device today and I have really serious problem with it. While it seems to work flawlessly when it's on (I've checked the basic features - browsing epub,pdfs,connecting to pc, no crashes/freexes), but the process of switching device on is a disaster! Before it's on I have to do a hard reset a few times by pressing the hole in the back. In most cases it does not respond at all to pressing the power button (yes, I keep it pressed for a few seconds!) or it displays the boot screen (image with two books and e-reader), but the progress bar does not show up.
I'm really annoyed with this issue, and from my point of view its unacceptable to have a 15% chance to switch the reader normally by pressing the power button. Anyone had the same problem? Is it general issue or something is wrong with my particular device and I should immediately send it back?
Hi,

Please try to install the new firmware . It solves some bugs of very first (delivered) firmware (like missing Websites in the Website directory).
I hope it helps to solve your problem too. If not - I will exchange the device.

Regards
Old 12-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #248
vsh1ft
vsh1ft began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
That archive is password-protected
vsh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #249
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh1ft View Post
That archive is password-protected
I know. My first reaction was the same.
But... You don't need to unpack it

You can update the firmware by follow steps:
  • Download the latest update package
  • Save the update package in a SD card.
  • Make sure the update package is located at the root directory of the SD card. No unzip is needed for this model of device. Just leave the name of update package as it is.
  • Insert the SD card into device.
  • Restart device, press and hold the OK button. NOTE, the OK button should be pressed before the device restarts. Hold it until you see the message "Software update request detected, checking update ".
Device updates itself automatically. It restarts after update finishes. Note: Make sure device has enough power to finish the software update (at least 2 grids displayed).

Last edited by Booxtor; 12-30-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #250
vsh1ft
vsh1ft began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
I have just figured that out and wanted to edit my recent post. However, thank you for the explanation
vsh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #251
Theunis
Theunis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox m92
I received my m92 correctly in the Netherlands. Thanks ereader-store.de for the very well and quick service. I wondered myself a little about the handling of HERMES Postservice. They didn't find me at home and put the Onyx m92 in my (not-locked) postbox just beside the public road. It seems to me a bit risky for a 349 Euro Device, but good luck i found it there and I'm very satisfied with my M92.

What i miss till now is the possibillity to make annotations (higlighted text and scribble) in MS-Word (.doc and .docx) and Epub documents. Am i doing something wrong, or is my conclusion correct that this is a missing feature?
Theunis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #252
Theunis
Theunis began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox m92
A further question concerning the m92: is it possible to install 'dropbox' on the Onyx m92. On my Sony prs t1 it is, and it's very usefull.
Theunis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #253
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Quote:
It solves some bugs of very first (delivered) firmware (like missing Websites in the Website directory).
Thanks for the firmware v1.7. Is there any changelog available?

EDIT: Well, there are some issues with this new version: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163229

Last edited by Backi; 12-30-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #254
sammy
Connoisseur
sammy began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 700 entourage edge PB 360 PB603 Kindle DXG Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
How to install Stardict dictionaries to Onyx Boox:
1. Create folder "dicts" (either on a SD-card or in internal memory)
2. Unpack the downloaded archive - it contains a folder with 3 files.
3. Create a new folder in your "dict" folder with the name of dictionary (stardict-English_German e.g.) and copy the 3 files into this folder

Now you can use it with your distionary app
I tried to get a dictionary from the site quoted in the manual, but the site is down...any ideas?? Please help without a dictionary I caould not use my new Boox M92
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #255
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Hi again...

I'm so stupid... My M92 stylus felt down on the floor today, and doesn't work.

Please, does somebody know where to buy a new one?

Thank you:

RAFA
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote