Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #11956
jeather
Enthusiast
jeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjeather has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
I see. 15 emails × 10 entries is the limit of my patience and I got no usable coupons.
I did it while I was watching TV as something to do with my hands (until I got bored).
jeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #11957
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
35%:
692RT3
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2015, 02:50 PM   #11958
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Does anyone know if Kobo has changed where they do their billing from (maybe now they were bought by Rakuten)?

I finally, a few months ago, after many hours and much effort on the phone, got my credit card company finally set up so they wouldn't bounce my purchases from Kobo - or my attempted purchases immediately after Kobo, as happened more often. At the time they told me they were seeing Kobo as a Canadian purchase.

The whole thing just started all over again today, and this time Kobo is showing up as billing from Luxembourg! And my credit card company decided to bounce my purchase at the gas station almost a full day after I bought some books from Kobo...as the credit card rep said on the phone: "Well, if you were in Luxembourg a few hours ago (which was wrong - it was about 23 hours, not a few), how can you be buying gas in the US now..."

This piece of wisdom seemed worthy of Kobo itself (sorry, any Kobo folks reading this)...even ignoring the fact that Kobo is an INTERNET merchant, and thus charges from Kobo have no bearing on my physical location, there are these little things called airplanes

The conversation then continued with him suggesting that after I use the card to buy something from Kobo, I then wait for TWO days to try to use it in the US. Talk about an inane response! I finally got to a supervisor, who claimed he would fix it the problem, but we'll see next time I try to buy from Kobo...

Wow!

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has noticed or had problems with this?

Last edited by sufue; 02-27-2015 at 02:55 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #11959
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
The best I managed in this contest was one 55% coupon. The rest were 30% or lower

30%

5VLYHY
LKBWLV
FQW9M2
KQYE2D
6QM896
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #11960
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Hard to say; I've never had a book that wouldn't download to the desktop app and actually existed on the servers. I did grab the preview and open it on my iPad, so that option's out. I didn't see any obvious tablet-only features, but there is an illustration right at the end of the preview, so I suppose it's possible that this is either a fixed-format book or is getting detected as one.
Bob, so it seems that an app is required to download this book? That is, a Kobo Apple app, or android app.

Because it's not opening on Kobo Desktop for PC, and can't be found in My Library.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #11961
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Does anyone know if Kobo has changed where they do their billing from (maybe now they were bought by Rakuten)? ...... Anyway, just curious if anyone else has noticed or had problems with this?
sufue I've just checked my cc statement for February and it shows that in January I got billed by 'Kobo Internet' which is consistent with all my other Kobo cc charges.

It doesn't state where Kobo Internet is though.

BTW Luxembourg is where certain large companies have established tax havens (from their own country's taxes). So maybe Rakutan has shifted Kobo North America's billing to Luxembourg.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #11962
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Bob, so it seems that an app is required to download this book? That is, a Kobo Apple app, or android app.

Because it's not opening on Kobo Desktop for PC, and can't be found in My Library.
I have no way of answering that. Not without buying the book myself, that is, and it's completely not in my wheelhouse.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #11963
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
35%
Spoiler:
3JARJT
VBJWND
ZNMELC
2Z5T3J
AP56NN
KUM9GK
6QRBSC
5EKUCR
FZ2434
LZ82FH
VNST7Y
88LN6G
CS5Z2P
WNU4XY
QFG8EB
8XGG52
PDY7GP
QG3GW9
U3DLMK
DAW5D7
HNF74P
63W9T9
67P3Y3
RMJ8JZ
FMLM9L
CSEJ3Y
ZQXHBR
MYKUAT
E5UDUC
R3K9UJ
QQ3V27
S8SKDZ
47XRF4
NSMHX6
XKHB3K
ZN4WH3
JZCKSH
A9EU4F
C456MW
WC75WS
8N6PD3
N5F6X8
WDA7TD
LN94GU

45%
Spoiler:
YA7L7W
RVDFT6
7KUVZF
2H8YPC
B44UW2
6NMQVT

55%
Spoiler:
ZEJ39
X2QH8
63EQY
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #11964
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I still have several 20% codes if anyone really wants one.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #11965
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Kobo Coupons - Expire Feb. 27/15

Hi gang,

I've held on to these hoping to use them, but all the books I want do not allow discounts. Hope you can use them at the 11th hour!

ABUXH7 30%
X37H9P 25%
59VF5Z 30%
V5ZBB7 25%
UM3BGU 20%
3PNLWT 20%
UEE4W7 10%
YZ7F56 55%
F25CQE 20%
WHCCJX 20%
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #11966
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Poke, thanks for the 55% code. There was a 9.99 set I wanted.
tdanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:02 PM   #11967
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Thanks! Actually people say they are good about a week after the contest ends, despite what the emails say. Never checked myself...

Btw, there's a thread for this sort of thing...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...15233&page=798
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #11968
mambabasa
mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mambabasa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
35 %
FSJND8
JRJCAA
USE58A
MV5JU3
ZPM6FU
4VNKB3
WTF82Q
AHS233
346LA9
D4HK6Q
MYMVU5
W36UDM
CEBXEC
4WAUNR
KEK59V
578YQQ
2QT2JZ
YD9F5Q

45%

HCUPWX
MC6GBQ

55%

AEUBZ
5V48N
V5BDN
mambabasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #11969
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
Thank you, mambabasa! Grabbed a 45%
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #11970
Mura35
Mammarella
Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mura35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader, iPad
30%
Q6RH29
45L3ET
C8LJBG
LRUJNB
EU8ZF6
TDKTDR
G76CNT
Mura35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals