Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
yf920
yf920 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
help with kindle dx 3g white US version

hi, my friend bought a kindle dx global 3g in US and brought it to me in UK. But it can not connect to the internet here. I updated the firmware but it always gives the message shown in the picture. Any help is highly appreciated!

yf920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi the bars right at the top right of the photo suggest that you actually are connected to the Internet because if it was not, those bars should be blank not dark as they are.

It appears that you cannot connect to the kindle store until the update your dx needs is applied. So it seems you need to avoid clicking on the link to shop in the amazon store and simply turn on the whispernet or 3G access to permit the update to be applied if that hopefully makes any sense.

But it does appear visually that your Internet connection is indeed active - just that you cannot yet access the Amazon store.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I'm not sure if the menu commands are the same as I have a kindle 3 but can you click on the Menu button and then select either Turn Wireless On or select the Sync and Check option and click Ok.

You then really need to leave the wireless function on (can you plug it in at a wall socket?) and it says the kindle needs to go into sleep mode which is when the screensaver comes on I think so you just need to leave it to update a while. Hopefully someone with a similar problem will come along and help you.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Is it registered to you?

If so.......have you contacted AmazonUK for their support help?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
lost66615
Enthusiast
lost66615 doesn't litterlost66615 doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx
update your kindle http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200324680
find the right one and download to kindle and restart it should load up
lost66615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert