Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #91
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
K4 users might also be interested in these new settings (as awawys, these might just be placeholders, I don't have a K4, so I can't test any of this):

Code:
PAGE_COUNT_BEFORE_REFRESH = 6
Code:
ENABLE_MOBI8 = false
So, in case you were wondering, yeah, KF8 is at least coming on the K4 ^^.
Have tried on K4SO, either with space and w/o space beside equal, and change the number to 9, page refresh still on 6th.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #92
kevinpars
Connoisseur
kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just got a Kindle Touch. Connected to Windows - don't even see a reader.pref file in the system directory. Am I missing something or is this Kindle different? Obviously, can't change the font without a preferences file.

Just wanted to point that out - I know this is day one and this is a new Kindle so I will see what other people with more technical skills find out about this new puppy.
kevinpars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:23 AM   #93
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars View Post
Just got a Kindle Touch. Connected to Windows - don't even see a reader.pref file in the system directory. Am I missing something or is this Kindle different? Obviously, can't change the font without a preferences file.

Just wanted to point that out - I know this is day one and this is a new Kindle so I will see what other people with more technical skills find out about this new puppy.
It's in a hidden directory. You need to enable viewing hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #94
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can someone please tell me where this hidden directory is located on my MAC?
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #95
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
It's in a hidden directory. You need to enable viewing hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer.
No, I don't think it's there on the Kindle Touch. I have my computer set to show hidden files, so I can see the system folder. When I open it, this is what's inside:

.assets (a hidden folder)
acw (folder)
AudibleActivation.sys
Search indexes (folder)
thumbnails (folder)
userannotlog.0

None of those folders have a reader.pref file in them.
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #96
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpangel36 View Post
Can someone please tell me where this hidden directory is located on my MAC?
It's on the Kindle drive. If you don't see it there, you don't have hidden files showing. To find out how to show hidden files, Google "show hidden files on mac" + your mac OS version.
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #97
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgwlackey View Post
No, I don't think it's there on the Kindle Touch. I have my computer set to show hidden files, so I can see the system folder. When I open it, this is what's inside:

.assets (a hidden folder)
acw (folder)
AudibleActivation.sys
Search indexes (folder)
thumbnails (folder)
userannotlog.0

None of those folders have a reader.pref file in them.
Damn it, did they kill it?

Now I'm definitely not getting the KT. No way I'm doing without my font.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #98
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Meh, that sucks ;/. We'll be able to confirm that once/when we get a rootfs dump.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #99
Clawdia
Connoisseur
Clawdia is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle (K3, DXG)
Is there a non-hack (or any method) that makes it possible to get the sans serif font onto the DXG?

It's the only thing I don't like about my DXG, but that's enough to keep me using my K3 instead of my now poor neglected DXG.
Clawdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #100
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AFAIK, this method should work on a DXG .

EDIT: Oops, or not, my bad. ^^

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-04-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #101
Clawdia
Connoisseur

Quote:
AFAIK, this method should work on a DXG .
I guess I'm just confused, then - I thought you had to be running at least generation 3 software on the Kindle for this to work - maybe I read the first thread post wrong.
I know the DXG is only running gen 2 software.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #102
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Clawdia: Err, yep, you're absolutely right. I forgot that the DXG was still using 2.x... >_<"
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #103
apheredia
apheredia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-950
Quote:
@Clawdia: Err, yep, you're absolutely right. I forgot that the DXG was still using 2.x... >_<"
Hi, Can you recommend another simple way to put the sans serif in the DXG? Thanks

Last edited by apheredia; 12-04-2011 at 09:30 PM.
apheredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #104
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@apheredia:
Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #105
Clawdia
Connoisseur

Thanks - and I hate to admit this - but all that is so far over my head that I get dizzy trying to look up that high.

Poor DXG - I may never be able to love it again.

I'm 60, and I've always used a Mac partly because I couldn't figure out how to use a PC (well, not the PC, but that #(%& Windoze stuff).

Anyway, I appreciate the information even if I have to admit that I can't use it.