Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 01:19 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Listen to dramatization of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury on BBC

For another six days from the time of this post you can listen to a really well done read of Fahrenheit 451 on BBC via the iplayer. Anyone can listen to BBC radio stuff even live streaming and they do a lot of SF on BBC 7. I listen to a lot of their stuff when I can remember the schedule (have to convert the time for live...d'oh!!).

Anyway the reading is excellent and I thought someone might enjoy a nice change from reading an old classic. Here is a link for the archive of the reading:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vs0f0

have fun!

Last edited by brecklundin; 11-08-2010 at 06:13 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 AM   #2
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
This has to be episode one, right? It's 90 minutes, and I can't imagine anyone reading Fahrenheit 451 in 90 minutes.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

no, it's one episode. The original book was not very long, somewhere around 200 pages as I remember. The 90-mins was plenty of time, unless I forgot the ending...
Old 11-08-2010, 03:49 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
It's a dramatisation in one episode - well worth a listen.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned

oh, cripes...I see I wrote "reading" I knew it was a "dramatization", thanks for the correction!! sigh...
Advert