Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have a rooted nook
Yes 68 55.74%
No 54 44.26%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Is your nook rooted

Here is a bit of Irony. While I know more people that have Kindles than any other reading device. Most of the time I run into people they either have the SONY or some other device.

Today I ran into a person with the nook Color. We had a little chat, but one thing I noticed was mine was rooted hers was not.

So here is a Question to the MR group. Do you have a rooted nook?

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Rooted about a day after I got it. For that matter, got it with the intention of rooting it.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
mj47
mj47 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Rooted my nook color the day after I got it. (it is going to take the place of my ipod touch.....much nicer for watching video's!) I have a regular nook to read my books.
mj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Nope. I really don't see a personal need for toy apps designed for cellular phones. Once tablets take hold and more tablet friendly apps are available then I might.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Rooted about a day after I got it. For that matter, got it with the intention of rooting it.
... except I rooted the same day I got it.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
I got my Nook Color, tried to find out how I could read my Amazon books on it and I had the choice of removing DRM or Rooting the Nook. I have close to 1000 books in my Amazon library so I chose to Root my Nook so I could get Kindle for Android app on my Nook Color. It works like a dream :-)
LaurieGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
I also suspect people who visit Nook boards are more likely to learn about rooting, get comfortable with the concept, and thus end up becoming rooters!
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I'm rooted......Didn't even know what rooting was before buying mine.....Found out about rooting after jumping on board here......

Never had any android device either, so wasn't familiar with apps and such.....

I was happy with my purchase before rooting.....now I'm even happier though.....

Next up for rooting......my wife's new Pandigital Novel (and maybe my Mom's too - had a big sale on these at BBB/Kohls) She likes it as is, but if it can be rooted, shouldn't it be
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I have a feeling that more rooters will answer this poll than nonrooters so the results may be skewed.

LaurieGator, you must be an extremely fast reader. 1000 books is a LARGE library & I thought my about 600 ebooks was large. Mine aren't all Amazon books though. I'm a slow reader but like the tortoise racing the hare, I keep at it.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I'm not rooted. Tempted to root but haven't got the time to be distracted by it at the moment. Maybe I'd feel differently if I didn't have a smartphone with more apps than I can use already. So for now I'm just sitting on the sidelines but enjoying following along with some of your threads on the forum.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #11
Rasenganfan2
Rasenganfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Rooted. I wasn't planning on it, but after the long wait for the Froyo update, I said screw it and updated. I couldn't be happier.
Rasenganfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #12
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Rooted, and managed to hold out for a week or so before doing so..

Using Aldiko as my primary method of reading books on my NC and using Screen Filter to dim the screen below what the NC normally allows, makes it worth rooting for me. The other apps you play with for a week or two after rooting because it's new.. after that, I've settled into just reading on it and having rooted it makes it more enjoyable even just for that.

...having the Kindle app on the NC is nice too.
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #13
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Yeah, did it the same evening I bought it...in fact, I didn't even use it until it was rooted LOL
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #14
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Yup, rooted.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #15
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I would like to root mine, but am afraid of bricking it. Would that void my warranty?
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote