Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #31
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Interesting that a general manager replied within 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
Interesting. I contacted Haleron a short time ago and sent them the link to the article. Here is the reply I received with 10 minutes. Someone may have put their proverbial foot in their proverbial mouth - or not.

ADDED: I did email them yet again explaining that people may be suspicious due to the lack of any real photos or videos as well as the odd payment types they accept. I suggested they are doing themselves no favors but providing one drawing of the device and nothing more. I also asked for dimensions and weight. Maybe they'll send me something - like maybe the device to prove it exists!

Date: March 1, 2010 11:51:06 AM EST
To: "Katelyn
Subject: Re: Haleron Technologies - Confirmation of your enquiry

Thank you for the information. Here are the words we send to the editor of such article.

Mr. Kyle VanHemert,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Kyle Schlosser, General Manager of Grupo Haleron, LTDA. I have recently been made aware of a distrubing post
that you have allowed on the internet concerning our company. The article states tha the owners have filed a bankrupcy in Colorado and have several
failed companies.

I do not know where you receive such information. But I can assure you it is in error. Your investigator has mistaken an SEC filing for a Bankrupcy I believe. The SEC filing in Colorado is not a bankrupcy. It is a public filing for taking the company in reference public on the Stock Exchange.

Evigroup, I do not know. There are various models of units coming in 7 inch that you will see on the horizon.

Our Company is Grupo Haleron LTDA. A Colombian Company for Manufacturing and assembly. We are a 6 year old company.

We request that you repair the damage you have caused Grupo Haleron.

Regards, and Regrets that you care to defame our company.

Kyle Schlosser
General Manager

Last edited by SCION; 03-01-2010 at 01:47 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #32
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Quote:
ADDED: I did email them yet again explaining that people may be suspicious due to the lack of any real photos or videos as well as the odd payment types they accept. I suggested they are doing themselves no favors but providing one drawing of the device and nothing more. I also asked for dimensions and weight. Maybe they'll send me something - like maybe the device to prove it exists!
It continues. Here is the latest email I just received. I must say, they sure respond fast. Let's see if videos and photos show up on their site soon. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt but let's see what they show us.

Date: March 1, 2010 1:28:08 PM EST

Yes,

We are placing these on the site this night i hope. They are very busy with the resolution of checking and boxing units to send. I see that you asked for more information in the weekend. We have limited workers on weekends primarily support for broken or technical units.

Our primary market has always been Central and South America. As we have credit card processing for every country in the world except the U.S. They do not permit our processor as the bank we use allows gambling with credit cards. I am sure in time the problems with working with the United States customers will solve. Your country is very difficult to understand business in some ways. Not to complain as I have visited an do love the United States.

The return policy should be posted in the checkout. I will ask of this when Mr. Schlosser returns this evening.

Regards,

Eric
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #33
cbone
Enthusiast
cbone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Android phone, waiting for my Kno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
It's funny that he doesn't know anything about Evigroup. Compare the photos on these two pages Evigroup Pad and iLet 10.

I don't think Gizmodo is in the wrong.
AAARRRGGGH!! Why won't that stupid tablet die!!!

Both companies having the same generic product doesn't mean anything. Companies have been releasing this exact same product forever.

It's also called the
  1. Digitalrise S1 and X9
  2. Shenzhen Eros
  3. iiView Vpad
  4. Cool Rui X9
  5. Shenzhen Dragon Brother Industrial P88
  6. A buhgillion other stupid names for the same crap-ass tablet

I wish tech blogs would stop reporting on every iteration of this same stupid tablet like it's something new.
cbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #34
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Oh, is this the one with the 2 hour battery life that everyone is selling for around 450? Hell, then I'd call Evigroup the scammers.. they want something dumb like $800 for their version of it.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #35
tank4141
Enthusiast
tank4141 began at the beginning.

Katelyn, pm me your # please. I'm liking the je-100 so far.
tank4141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #36
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Interesting that a general manager replied within 10 minutes.
Yes. I thought so too. Either there is a lot of General Managers or the one must not be very busy....or...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #37
tank4141
Enthusiast

They sent me an email with a link for paying by cc but now I'm nervous about ordering. What do you guys think? Should I take the plunge?
Old 03-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #38
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd wait. Too many unknowns here as far as I'm concerned.

What is the return policy?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #39
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Just based on what has been said so far, I really don't think you have to worry about their return policy.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #40
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank4141 View Post
They sent me an email with a link for paying by cc but now I'm nervous about ordering. What do you guys think? Should I take the plunge?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #41
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
Just based on what has been said so far, I really don't think you have to worry about their return policy.

Robert
I suspect that may be unknown as well, which is why I asked.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #42
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post

If the company is legit, it won't go away while you wait to check it out more thoroughly.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #43
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
It continues. Here is the latest email I just received. I must say, they sure respond fast. Let's see if videos and photos show up on their site soon. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt but let's see what they show us.
I've gotta say... just because they reply quickly doesn't mean anything. Scammers reply quickly to when you tell them you want to claim your lottery winnings.

I am not saying it is a scam... but another red flag to me would be pay methods that have no recourse like Western Union for one. I would not buy from them unless they accept credit card via their own merchant account. Seems like they have been in business long enough to have one.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #44
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Interesting. I contacted Haleron a short time ago and sent them the link to the article. Here is the reply I received with 10 minutes. Someone may have put their proverbial foot in their proverbial mouth - or not.

Date: March 1, 2010 11:51:06 AM EST

Thank you for the information. Here are the words we send to the editor of such article.

Mr. Kyle VanHemert,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Kyle Schlosser, General Manager of Grupo Haleron, LTDA. I have recently been made aware of a distrubing post that you have allowed on the internet concerning our company. The article states tha the owners have filed a bankrupcy in Colorado and have several failed companies.

I do not know where you receive such information. But I can assure you it is in error. Your investigator has mistaken an SEC filing for a Bankrupcy I believe. The SEC filing in Colorado is not a bankrupcy. It is a public filing for taking the company in reference public on the Stock Exchange.

Evigroup, I do not know. There are various models of units coming in 7 inch that you will see on the horizon.

Our Company is Grupo Haleron LTDA. A Colombian Company for Manufacturing and assembly. We are a 6 year old company.

We request that you repair the damage you have caused Grupo Haleron.

Regards, and Regrets that you care to defame our company.

Kyle Schlosser
General Manager
It's interesting that 6 hours have passed since this post and there has been no update of the information on the Gizmodo website. You'd think if that information was incorrect, Gizmodo would be in a scramble to post a retraction before they get hit with a lawsuit.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-01-2010 at 07:07 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #45
tank4141
Enthusiast

They do take cc payments now but when I click on the link it takes me to what looks like a new generic order page for the item.

Here it is:

http://www.mercaway.com/computers-so...tablet/284516/