Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Read Pratchett and Kingsolver for free - ONLINE ONLY (limited time)

Not really my cup of tea (reading online), but thought it might interest somebody. In the newest Harper newsletter they mention that you can read The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett and The Poinsonwood Bible by Barbara Kindsolver for free online (for a limited time).

The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett
http://browseinside.harpercollins.co...OTHARPER_OCT09

[i]The Poinsonwood Bible[/] by Barbara Kindsolver
http://browseinside.harpercollins.co...OTHARPER_OCT09

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-14-2009 at 10:06 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Bah! It looks like they really do mean "read online". Still, not bad if you have a lot of time to kill at work. ; )
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Please mark these in the heading as ONLINE.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Note: some of the subsequent Pratchett books are easier to read. Do not be daunted if this one seems not to be your style. Check out one or two more! I've been trying to re-read Colour of Magic and I keep getting bogged down and quitting. The later books, I fly through!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
It seems to be down at the moment. I keep getting a "The Service is unavailable" message, both from the links and from Harper Collins' own site. I'll try again later.

Thanks for the heads up
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 12:59 AM   #6
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
I read The Poisonwood Bible a few years back and thought it was good and very well written. I liked it so much I bought a copy.

HATE that online only reading format though.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Online reading is pretty annoying. If Harper Collins don't want to give you a free copy why don't they make it a 30day expiry download like they did with Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere a while ago.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
Online reading is pretty annoying. If Harper Collins don't want to give you a free copy why don't they make it a 30day expiry download like they did with Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere a while ago.
I agree, but I think publishers are trying a lot of different things to see what might work as they try to get a better handle on the reality of a digital world.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Note: some of the subsequent Pratchett books are easier to read. Do not be daunted if this one seems not to be your style. Check out one or two more! I've been trying to re-read Colour of Magic and I keep getting bogged down and quitting. The later books, I fly through!
I would still recommend people still start on these first two rincewind books though, they are still very good books, but will seem worse if you go back to them later.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote