Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
the Kindle FreeTime Unlimited thread

I'm about to pull the trigger on this new service for my grandson. On Christmas Day, I'll start the one-month free trial. After that, I'll be doing the non-Prime subscription of $4.99/ month. Prime members get it for $2.99/ month. I'm getting it primarily for the books.

Content so far consists of:
  • Kindle Books -- 1,027 titles
  • Instant Videos -- 329 titles
  • Android Apps -- 158 apps

Quote:
Kindle FreeTime Unlimited is the first-ever all-in-one subscription that brings together all the types of content that kids and parents love - books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows. With unlimited access to thousands of hand-picked titles for kids ages 3-8, parents don't have to spend time (and money) guessing what their kids will enjoy, and kids can explore a world of age-appropriate content on their own - no ads, no in-app purchases.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I'll be getting the Prime sub for $2.99. I thought I'd start the free trial a day or two before Christmas, to familiarize myself with it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
FreeTime is usless & takes up space... Anyone know how I can remove it?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
FreeTime is usless & takes up space... Anyone know how I can remove it?
Root it. Then you just delete it from the system apps folder.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How??
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My 7 yo seems quite please with the free time unlimited options. She's checking out the books and apps!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
My 7 yo seems quite please with the free time unlimited options. She's checking out the books and apps!
Good; keep us informed on how she likes the service.

I'd like to see more categories added. Currently, there's only Books, Videos, and Apps. I'd like to see Audiobooks, Music, and Photos added.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

FTU is awesome. My DD just loves it. I just wish she could turn wifi on and off with a quick touch of a button or two. It seems she is constantly downloading stuff. She loves looking through the books! I'm going to have to keep a close eye on memory LOL.

I have web browsing turned off, and that is good....I noticed last night as I lay next to her, she was playing some kind of game, and it kept going to an ad page, and another game (or the same?) said at the top, Unlock all for .99! in big flashing letters. NOT pleased about that. But at least she couldn't accidentally click on the ads or buy the unlocking thing.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
FTU is awesome. My DD just loves it. I just wish she could turn wifi on and off with a quick touch of a button or two. It seems she is constantly downloading stuff. She loves looking through the books! I'm going to have to keep a close eye on memory LOL.
Glad she's enjoying it. Why not keep wifi on while she's using it? With time limits in place, battery life shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
I have web browsing turned off, and that is good....I noticed last night as I lay next to her, she was playing some kind of game, and it kept going to an ad page, and another game (or the same?) said at the top, Unlock all for .99! in big flashing letters. NOT pleased about that. But at least she couldn't accidentally click on the ads or buy the unlocking thing.
It's not supposed to have ads of any sort. I think you should report it.

Quote:
With unlimited access to thousands of hand-picked titles for kids ages 3-8, parents don't have to spend time (and money) guessing what their kids will enjoy, and kids can explore a world of age-appropriate content on their own - no ads, no in-app purchases.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-27-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: forgot quote tags
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, if she can tell me what game it was, I will do that.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

It was one of the angry birds games that I had in the regular account, and selected to be available to the free time app, even before unlimited was activated. So the ads do show up in those types of games.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Well, a month later, my DD hardly uses the Fire. So I have unsubscribed from FT Unlimited.

Makes me feel bad.....my girls used to use the rooted Nook Color a lot....I sold it and got them each their own tablet for Christmas, and they hardly use them. The new ones are much better! Go figure! I am using the Fire every night lol.