Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Rooting and update firmware

I had rooted my device with (firmware 1.1.0).
Now I am scared by turning on wifi, because the nook will update automatically to 1.1.2.

1)There is any solution to disable this automatic update?

I would like to avoid to reroot again the nook.

But as last chance how is the procedure to update and reroot the nook?
I have to come back to the stock and why?

Last edited by ewandeep; 05-29-2012 at 06:42 AM.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Duze
Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, Nook Color (CM7), Nexus 7 (pre-ordered), GTab 7+ (sold)
I am also rooted on 1.1.0 and I have had wifi on a lot, but have never had it update on me. For a while I even had forgot to turn wifi off for a few days and it never updated or even asked too.
Duze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duze View Post
I am also rooted on 1.1.0 and I have had wifi on a lot, but have never had it update on me. For a while I even had forgot to turn wifi off for a few days and it never updated or even asked too.
Thanks.
Indeed another user confirmed that having the nook rooted there is no problem with the update. I tried and no update come.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote