Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Sarah Zettel
Sarah Zettel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader, iPhone
Updating our Ebook Site

So, while I've got you all here...

We're working on updating Book View Cafe, and as everybody here is an online reader, and, presumably actively looking for good reads, I thought I'd ask:

Aside from good books, what would you like to see in an ebook site? Easily searchable? Well marked new titles? Reviews and picks? What?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Sarah Zettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Sarah,

Gareth from Direct Ebooks asked a somewhat similar question a few weeks ago - this thread might be helpful: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59990
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
As someone who just bought Steven Harper's 4 books there recently - and who doesn't expect to go back to that site without strong temptation - I'd say SEARCH and a CART. Having to go through PayPal 4 separate times (1 for each book) was almost a deal breaker for me. And if the author hadn't posted a direct link, I couldn't have found the books on my own.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
Sarah Zettel
Sarah Zettel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader, iPhone
You're right, we need both and are working on both.
Sarah Zettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Fizzy - you are a better person than me. The fact I should go through PayPal 4 times to buy 4 books put me off. There are on my list to get though
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Zettel View Post
We're working on updating Book View Cafe, and as everybody here is an online reader,
(emphasis added)

I don't read books online. I read them in reader software, on a dedicated reader or on my netbook. But I don't think I've ever read a book off a web page.

Last edited by Archergal5219; 11-24-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Fix lousy formatting
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book view cafe