Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
Canadian reader
Canadian reader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help with Columns

I downloaded the latest update to Calibre 1.32. Tried changing the appearance of the Main Toolbar to only show the items I want. It will only accept the changes to the columns I've selected and Applied - and a few seconds later - the main toolbar shows every toolbar there is. If I close out Calibre and then open it again, it shows my items for a few seconds and then reverts. And it has added a column to my selections that says "on device". I've only used Calibre as an alphabetical listing for my Kindle e-books. Help please.
Canadian reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The On Device column is displayed whenever your eReader IS connected to your PC. Try disconnecting your Kindle....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
Canadian reader
Canadian reader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks Peter - that fixed it.
Canadian reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think what was happening was that calibre started up and initially displays the menus / columns that are used with NO device detected. Then, the device detection occurs and the menus switch to the ones used WITH device detected.

You can customize both sets; when in Preferences select Toolbar and then in the dropdown list you will see "The main toolbar", "The main toolbar when a device is connected", "The menubar", "The menubar when a device is connected". As the descriptions suggest, one set is used WITH NO device attached, the other WITH A device attached.

All pretty straight forward once you know how it works.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote