Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
over1
over1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Preserving Filenames

Hi everyone,

The filenames of my e-books are in a particular format I like, that is {author_inverted} - {title} ({year}) or {author_inverted} - {series} - {title} ({year}) but calibre changes the filenames to {title} - {author}

How can I keep my filenames intact?

The closest I got with save to disk was {authors} - {title} ({pubdate}) but this isn't what I want.
over1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by over1 View Post
Hi everyone,

The filenames of my e-books are in a particular format I like, that is {author_inverted} - {title} ({year}) or {author_inverted} - {series} - {title} ({year}) but calibre changes the filenames to {title} - {author}

The closest I got with save to disk was {authors} - {title} ({pubdate}) but this isn't what I want.
Have you read the 2nd sticky in the Library Management section?

{author_sort} is the normal Inverted of {authors}
{series} is, well {series}

The Template language has advanced date manipulation capability http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
over1

It's a shame there no option to keep filenames intact when adding books cause that's what I wanted.

Thanks. I'll check it out. I should manage.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Take a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175

Basically, you should treat the filenames and locations where Calibre stores the ePubs as a black box that you don't look in.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:

As theducks has pointed out in this sticky post the database keeps the files named for its use and can't be altered. However as you have already discovered you can export books via the Save to disk feature in any way you wish.

Quote:
Try the below code in your save template under Preferences - Saving Books to disk it should give you the format you requested.

Code:
{author_sort} - {series:||-}{series_index:re(^(\d)(\.|$),0\1\2)||-}{title} ({pubdate})
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 03:14 AM   #6
over1

Nice! Thanks for these! I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Cheers mates!