Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #316
olaf
Enthusiast
olaf is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
Uncheck the clipping limit checkbox at the top of the screen and that will remove the limit.
olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #317
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
BTW, does anybody know if Amazon staying with Mobi for next installations that are in development?
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #318
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
BTW, does anybody know if Amazon staying with Mobi for next installations that are in development?
Anybody that knows can't tell you, and anybody that tells you they know is lying.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #319
nabrum
nabrum began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by olaf View Post
Jad - new minor suggestion. I changed some source code to resize the window - the Mobi2Mobi window was just bigger than the height of my screen. Having a minimize button helps too, but I changed the height to 720 (adjusting picture frames) and centered it - that should nicely fit in all but the most restrictive resolutions. I can do simple things like that, but wouldn't want to miss out on other terrific fixes because I use an older modified resized version!
Olaf.
This is a problem I have. The GUI does NOT fit on my laptop screen (I'm using current mobi2mobi versions) under xp/sp3. I normally have my desktop set to Large 120 DPI (Rclick desktop\properties\setting\advanced\dpi settings). Then I can't click on the use new image checkmark, so I can't add covers. Even at resetting my laptop to normal dpi, (which is a pain) I can barely check the use image.

I don't understand why the GUI wasn't set up like a normal window that can be resized.

Could you please send me the fixed modules that enable to resize and/or make the GUI smaller? I'm not a VB programmer, so I wouldn't have a clue what to do with the source.

I'm at nabrum@yahoo.com

TIA

Last edited by nabrum; 07-03-2010 at 11:10 PM.
nabrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #320
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi Nabrum,

I haven't touched this for awhile, but I can look at resizing the GUI a bit to fit a broader range of lower res systems. What is the native res of your laptop?

Cheers

Jad
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #321
nabrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Hi Nabrum,

I haven't touched this for awhile, but I can look at resizing the GUI a bit to fit a broader range of lower res systems. What is the native res of your laptop?

Cheers

Jad
Thanks Jad. 1024x768 is the res of my main laptop. It's the old fashioned non widescreen kind which is great for reading books. Again, I have it set to 120 dpi vs the normal 96. But even in the normal 96, I couldn't get the full screen on and could only move it up a bit, but enough to click on the image squares.

Mob2mobi is a fantastic program, very easy to use and it WORKS! So I hope I didn't offend any with my frustration.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #322
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Hiya Nabrum,

Absolutely no offence taken. Due to the nature of my day job and being a complete Geek I haven't used anything less than a 1920x1200 display for some years, so I tend to use up that real estate, overlooking that not everyone runs big monitors =8) Its an easy fix though as I'll squish a few things to shrink the GUI. Keep and eye here as I'll post a new version shortly for you to test.

Apologies to Olaf as well who highlighted this as a problem awhile back. It's getting fixed now. 8)
Old 07-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #323
nabrum

[QUOTE=Jad;992983]Hiya Nabrum,

Its an easy fix though as I'll squish a few things to shrink the GUI. Keep and eye here as I'll post a new version shortly for you to test.
QUOTE]

A suggestion. If it's to hard to be able to dynamically resize the screen, how about asking the person at original startup (when asking for folder names) their resolution (and having a default)? This way, you can dynamically alter the code to the User's screen. (I'm an old/retired mainframe programmer and it was relatively easy to do that then, but maybe not now under VB - of which I know nothing about.)

In any case, thanks for making this great product even greater!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #324
Jad
Groupie

Mobi2Mobi_GUI LoRes Version

Ok I've had a play and created a LoRes version of the GUI. This has been tested down to 1024x768 & up to 125% dpi and it seems to be working fine. Could those people using lo res systems give this a go and feedback any graphic glitches you may encounter. I'm pretty sure I've tweaked everything but you never know.

Just drop the new exe into your existing Mobi2Mobi GUI directory and run the new exe file.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VBLoRes.zip (25.5 KB, 482 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #325
nabrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Ok I've had a play and created a LoRes version of the GUI. This has been tested down to 1024x768 & up to 125% dpi and it seems to be working fine. Could those people using lo res systems give this a go and feedback any graphic glitches you may encounter. I'm pretty sure I've tweaked everything but you never know.

Just drop the new exe into your existing Mobi2Mobi GUI directory and run the new exe file.

Cheers
Jad. THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU. It works perfectly
Even tried it out to make sure there wasn' a glitch. Again. THANK YOU!

Last edited by nabrum; 07-05-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #326
PaxtonReader
PaxtonReader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Jad - works great! Thanks for your help - this program is a real time saver, and I much prefer it to Calibre, as you can edit the metadata in place (not to mention access to the various flags). Keep up the good work!
PaxtonReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #327
nabrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxtonReader View Post
Jad - works great! Thanks for your help - this program is a real time saver, and I much prefer it to Calibre, as you can edit the metadata in place (not to mention access to the various flags). Keep up the good work!
I agree, much better, and WITH less overhead than Calibre. Mob2mobi just WORKS and one doesn't need an instruction manual to figure it out. Very intuitive. Oh, did I mention that it WORKS!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #328
Jad
Groupie

Thanks for the lovely feedback guys.. Don't forget though that this is just a GUI for one of Tommy's awesome Mobiperl tools. The GUI only exists because he did the hard work to create a tool that's lets us do the tweaking.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #329
maxxim88
Enthusiast
maxxim88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I have a question, that this app supports unicode fonts or not ??? because after converted, titles of my books ( in unicode font) got some errors
maxxim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #330
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxim88 View Post
I have a question, that this app supports unicode fonts or not ??? because after converted, titles of my books ( in unicode font) got some errors
Mobiperl which is used by the GUI is not perfect with respect to UTF-8 at least in the book text. Try to use mobi2mobi to look at the title and try to change it to examine this problem.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi