Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #706
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@crissman - Use the Goodreads metadata download plugin to get the average rating.
Thanks, I thought as much! was hoping for a quick sync,

Thanks again for the quick bug fix.
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:48 AM   #707
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Thank you very much for this great plugin! I've a question about syncing reviews from Goodreads to Calibre, I hope someone can help me. I've created a custom column for reviews following the instructions of the help page (Synchronise Rating, Date Read and/or Review Text Columns) and I've selected "Long text, like comments, not shown in the tag browser" as "column type". Then I've configured the plugin to sync reviews from my "read" shelf. It works, but with the automatic sync only the first 4 lines or so of the reviews are shown.
I can, of course, copy and paste each review in the text box and no matter the length, the text is saved, but what can I do to have whole reviews automatically imported? Should I change the column type? Thank you.

I was wondering, is there a way to sync tags from Calibre to Goodreads? I mean, I've got organized tags in Calibre, but only a few shelves on Goodreads because I only know how to manually add/modify them. Is there a way to batch edit the shelves of Goodreads so to have the structure there mirror the tags on Calibre? Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprite 6.png
Views:	304
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	134769  
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #708
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa1651 View Post
It works, but with the automatic sync only the first 4 lines or so of the reviews are shown.
I'm pretty certain that's a limitiation in the GoodReads API. I've seen the same thing with other apps using the API. I've lost a number of reviews because of it.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #709
nithou
nithou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey !

Using this plugin a lot, but I've just noted that my imported reviews are all cut, is there a way for the plugin to grab the full review ? (digging in the source code but thought I'd ask)

Thanks a lot
nithou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:35 AM   #710
laxarus
laxarus began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Been using this plug-in for some time now and it's a great one. One thing I couldn't do with this plug-in is to sync my "date-started" data. Is there a way to do that? I tried configuring the "add to shelf" action of "currently-reading" tag with no luck. In short, when I add a book to my "currently-reading" shelf with goodreads calibre plug-in, I want the "date-started" set as today and sync with goodreads. I created a custom date column and configured "currently-reading" "shelf add" action. But it still doesn't sync.
laxarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2015, 06:16 AM   #711
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The date started should be set when you add the book to "currently-reading" shelf. Or at least, it is happening here.

As to doing it in some other way, the Goodreads API doesn't have any way to explicitly set the date started.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:20 PM   #712
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The date started should be set when you add the book to "currently-reading" shelf. Or at least, it is happening here.

As to doing it in some other way, the Goodreads API doesn't have any way to explicitly set the date started.
On the Goodreads side, it gets set automatically, but not in Calibre.

In the Goodreads plugin configuration, select the "Currently reading" shelf, then click on "Edit Shelf Actions". Add an Action, "Add Value to Column"; "Column" is the name of your custom "Start Date" column (which you have to add) and "Value" is "Today".

But this only ensures that when you add a book to GR's Currently Reading shelf both GR and Calibre get today's date set. You can't set a book as "Currently Reading" in Calibre today, and then get around to updating it to Goodreads tomorrow, and expect the dates to match.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:34 PM   #713
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
On the Goodreads side, it gets set automatically, but not in Calibre.

In the Goodreads plugin configuration, select the "Currently reading" shelf, then click on "Edit Shelf Actions". Add an Action, "Add Value to Column"; "Column" is the name of your custom "Start Date" column (which you have to add) and "Value" is "Today".

But this only ensures that when you add a book to GR's Currently Reading shelf both GR and Calibre get today's date set. You can't set a book as "Currently Reading" in Calibre today, and then get around to updating it to Goodreads tomorrow, and expect the dates to match.
OK, I hadn't thought of storing the start date in calibre, so I missed that. Not being able to set the start date is a deficiency of the Goodreads API.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #714
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
I'm pretty certain that's a limitiation in the GoodReads API. I've seen the same thing with other apps using the API. I've lost a number of reviews because of it.
Pity Will keep adding (and updating, uk!) reviews manually. At least it is possible to import date started values from GR to Calibre.

Thank you for your reply!

Last edited by Alissa1651; 02-28-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #715
rmarten
rmarten began at the beginning.

Device: none
Crash when adding "empty book"

Hi!

Trying to add an "empty book" when doing a sync against goodreads.
This is what I got from the the error message box.
-----
calibre, version 2.24.0
FEL: Ohanterat undantag: <b>ValueError</b>:invalid literal for float(): 4) / Julkyssen / En �ngel i julklap

calibre 2.24 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Barnes & Noble && Goodreads Sync && Goodreads && Fantastic Fiction && Find Duplicates
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 2193, in sync_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 2173, in _create_empty_books
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 4) / Julkyssen / En �ngel i julklap
rmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #716
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

rmarten: Could you post the link to the book on Goodreads? My first thought is that it is the characters in the title messing up the parsing of the result the the plugin gets from goodreads. Knowing which book will help debug this.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #717
rmarten

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
rmarten: Could you post the link to the book on Goodreads? My first thought is that it is the characters in the title messing up the parsing of the result the the plugin gets from goodreads. Knowing which book will help debug this.
One book I have this problem with is: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...version=legacy

Hope you'll find some fix that doesn't make the sync to crash. Especially since it will add dubplicates otherwise that I have to remove. (Ie. Those that gets added before the crash)
Old 04-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #718
rmarten

Sync window

Hi!

I have one question. I have many books that I sync with Goodreads.

When syncing my shelf is there a way to hide books with status Ready?
It's getting tiring to scroll my many books to find those that's not ready.

Another thing I'm wondering about is when Switching Editions.
Would it be possible to add more columns or atleast the editions ISBN would be nice.
I have several books that have an Edition of "ebook" with the same number of pages and I have no idea which one to select. Here a column with ISBN number would make life easier.

And my last question. Is there a way to import the edition information (and maybe other information too) so I could make a custom column?

Thank you for a great plugin!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:54 PM   #719
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarten View Post
One book I have this problem with is: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...version=legacy

Hope you'll find some fix that doesn't make the sync to crash. Especially since it will add dubplicates otherwise that I have to remove. (Ie. Those that gets added before the crash)
I haven't had a chance to look at this yet. We've had a storm through our area, lost power Tuesday morning and have no idea when it will come back. I'll look at this when the power comes back on.

I'll also look at the other ideas. I like the idea of showing the ISBN, but it depends on what is available in the API.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #720
tab
tab began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Smile Instructions

Where do I find instructions on using the goodreads sync. I have already installed the plugin but can't find instructions on setting up the columns and tags.
tab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads