Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
How to reinstall Sony Ebook library software?

I've moved to a new Vista computer and used laplink as a shortcut. Worked well in most cases, but I didn't allow it to move all the drivers automatically (I wanted to limit the mess on my new PC).

But now I need to add the driver for my Sony Reader. Figure the best way is to reload the Connect software. But I'm on 2.0 now, not the original Sony Connect software, and I only have a disk for the original software. So when I plug in the Reader to my computer, Vista says it can't locate driver. It also doesn't show up in the COnnect software.

I also spent a bit of time authenticating my new PC and getting all my purchased and imported books into the library, so I'd rather not have to do that again if possible.

Any suggestions on how to get the driver, so everything is fully installed?

Thanks in advance...
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Drivers for PRS-500 are installed with the eBook Library software. By default they're in "C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Data\drivers". PRS-505 does not need any drivers besides standard USB Mass Storage ones (present in most current OSes).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
But now I need to add the driver for my Sony Reader. Figure the best way is to reload the Connect software. But I'm on 2.0 now, not the original Sony Connect software, and I only have a disk for the original software. So when I plug in the Reader to my computer, Vista says it can't locate driver. It also doesn't show up in the COnnect software.
You can download the software right from

http://ebookstore.sony.com/downloadclient.html

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Drivers for PRS-500 are installed with the eBook Library software. By default they're in "C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader\Data\drivers". PRS-505 does not need any drivers besides standard USB Mass Storage ones (present in most current OSes).
Worked like a charm.

I confirmed the driver files were there and then pointed Windows "looking for drivers" dialog to them. Everything is functioning perfectly.

Thanks much!!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You can download the software right from

http://ebookstore.sony.com/downloadclient.html

BOb
Thanks for the software download link, Bob. Will grab a copy in case I have future need of it.