Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #1
hampole123
hampole123 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Feature request: Footnotes as popup notes

At present, MS Word footnotes are coming as href links in epub. Can we get them as pop-up notes instead?
Thanks.
hampole123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Popup footnotes are not a feature of epub, but of reading software. View the epub in calibre's viewer for example and the footnotes will popup. Or convert to azw3 and view the result on a Kindle and again the footnotes will popup.

If you are referring to the epub:type annotations on footnotes that are used by some epub reading software (such as iBooks) then those are an epub 3.0 feature and as such not supported by calibre. You can always insert them manually using the calibre ebook editor after conversion.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
hampole123

I have manually added pop-up notes. However, is it possible to automate the same from Windows footnotes as an Optional feature with backward compatibility to traditional footnotes? If this could be done, it would be very helpful.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #4
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
I do this quite often. In Word, if you format the notes consistently, you can use regex to convert them to the notes that fit your readers. I would combine epub: type and two-way links.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #5
hampole123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I do this quite often. In Word, if you format the notes consistently, you can use regex to convert them to the notes that fit your readers. I would combine epub: type and two-way links.
Can you please give an example code?
Thanks
Advert