Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #3391
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
AFAIK, that's new. And probably shouldn't happen, but then I don't really use the browser, so I can't say.

Are there any other weird stuff installed? (in particular: tethering, firewall tweaks, wifi tricks?)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #3392
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Not that I know of. This actually started happening before I installed usbN hack, if I had ;debugOn on
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #3393
emerson
emerson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen.)
I used the font hack on my Kindle Keyboard, but I can't get it to work with AZW3 files.

After deleting the nobrowser file and rebooting the device, AZW3 files won't even open. (If I don't delete the nobrowser file, they open, but showing Caecilia.)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

(More details on my problem here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=246397)
emerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #3394
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
AFAIK, that's new. And probably shouldn't happen, but then I don't really use the browser, so I can't say.

Are there any other weird stuff installed? (in particular: tethering, firewall tweaks, wifi tricks?)
According to his info block - this is still a S.O. Kindle -

Which requires networking of its own to check for updated ads.

That may be inter-acting with the networking of USBnetwork install.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #3395
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
what do you mean by wifi tricks?
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #3396
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
what do you mean by wifi tricks?
That is a good answer - If you don't know, you didn't do it.

Is this still a S.O. Kindle like your info box says?
I don't think anyone ever tested the USBnetworking changes in the presence of the S.O. networking setup.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #3397
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Yes it is. Anything you want me to test?
Old 09-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #3398
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
Yes it is. Anything you want me to test?
Ah, not me -
That was a hint for NiLuJe.

He might want to see the content of a couple of the networking related tables on an S.O. device.
I will leave the troubleshooting up to him, USBnetworking is his "baby" (and I don't think any of my K4 devices are S.O.) .

@NiLuJe: This K4 also has the most recent Doukan (r5.16) on it. Maybe they did something to the networking in support of their store.

Last edited by knc1; 09-19-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #3399
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

*nodds*
Old 09-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #3400
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@knc1: Ooh, good hunch, I seem to recall some kind of similar Duokan fuckery in the recesses of my memory...

(Err, sorry about the language, I'm in the middle of watching The Thick of It ).

Like I said, it's been a very, very long while since I've used the browser, but last I checked (on a K3, a good while ago, pre 3.4, pre SO), it didn't cause any trouble, and I can't think of a reason for that to have changed...
Old 09-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #3401
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@emerson: Probably the usual "lab126's FT patches frakking everything up" issue. Try with an FT override enabled.

That said, more details on the exact "won't open" behavior would be helpful (along with some log extracts, if possible).

EDIT: Actually, just logs, since you cleared the details in the thread you linked to .
Old 09-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #3402
emerson

Thanks for the answer.

I just tried the FT override dropping an "autohint" file in the linkfonts folder. Unfortunately, it didn't work, AZW3 files still won't open.

How do I extract a log file?
Old 09-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #3403
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@emerson: You need to restart the device for the FT override to take .

As for logs, either showlog over SSH, or by entering ;dumpMessages in the Homescreen's searchbar.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #3404
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
According to his info block - this is still a S.O. Kindle -
Which requires networking of its own to check for updated ads.
That may be inter-acting with the networking of USBnetwork install.
Here's a little update: USBN ONLY freezes following a reboot, if I use the browser and then enable USBN it all works fine.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #3405
emerson

Quote:
@emerson: You need to restart the device for the FT override to take .

As for logs, either showlog over SSH, or by entering ;dumpMessages in the Homescreen's searchbar.

Sorry, I just discovered the problem is with my font.

After reinstalling the font hack and deleting the nobrowser file, I can open AZW3 files with no problems -- they show the custom font (Droid Serif).

So now I need to know what to do to make my font files work with the hack. They are actually OTF files -- I just changed the extension to TTF. I'll try doing a proper OTF-TTF conversion now, but let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet