Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
[Calibre Portable and CC] No Wireless Option to Connect to

Hi:

I have the latest version of Calibre Portable installed and I am trying to setup CC and connect, however in Calibre I have no option to connect wirelessly. I have looked but cannot find it, is there some setting I need to turn on for this to show?
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I have the latest version of Calibre Portable installed and I am trying to setup CC and connect, however in Calibre I have no option to connect wirelessly. I have looked but cannot find it, is there some setting I need to turn on for this to show?
You'll find it under the Connect/Share icon. If you don't see it go to Preferences - Toolbar and add it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have the Connect/Share icon but I do not have the option to Connect Wirelessly as stated in CC. Here is what mine looks like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connectto.png
Views:	276
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	94158  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I have the Connect/Share icon but I do not have the option to Connect Wirelessly as stated in CC. Here is what mine looks like:
You are showing an old calibre version of that menu. Look in the lower left corner of calibre, what version is listed there?

Update:
I was able to recreate your problem by disabling the Smartdevice App Interface plugin. Go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins and enable the Smartdevice App Interface plugin. Then restart calibre.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-15-2012 at 09:01 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You are showing an old calibre version of that menu. Look in the lower left corner of calibre, what version is listed there?

Update:
I was able to recreate your problem by disabling the Smartdevice App Interface plugin. Go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins and enable the Smartdevice App Interface plugin. Then restart calibre.
I knew it had to be something I turned off.
Advert