Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #1111
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please remember that if you post a link to Amazon in this thread for your book, then your post will be deleted. No PM will be sent.

It is your responsibility to post to the correct 'Shameless' thread.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-07-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #1112
Rinelle Grey
Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rinelle Grey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for ipad
I wrote a blog post today on dealing with procrastination. http://rinellegrey.com/three-steps-t...ocrastination/
Rinelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #1113
Cliff Ball
Zealot
Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I completely rebuilt my website/blog, check it out at: http://www.cliffball.net
Cliff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #1114
vampiregrave
vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!vampiregrave will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kobo Glo
Cool Projecto Adamastor - eBooks in Portuguese

I believe this might be of interest to all portuguese speaking users:

Quote:
O mercado do livro digital, que nos últimos anos tem vindo a crescer significativamente no estrangeiro, começa agora a desenvolver-se no nosso país, beneficiando da descida de preço dos eReaders e da proliferação dos smartphones e tablets. No entanto, estratégias editoriais à parte, tal desenvolvimento está limitado pela insuficiente oferta de títulos em português, num formato apropriado para leitura nesses dispositivos electrónicos.

Neste sentido, o Projecto Adamastor tem como principal objectivo atenuar essa escassez através da criação de uma biblioteca digital de obras literárias em domínio público, obras essas que serão disponibilizadas de forma gratuita e em formato EPUB, sem qualquer tipo de restrição.

Tal não significa que o projecto se resuma à mera conversão de textos disponíveis online, bem pelo contrário: os colaboradores do Projecto Adamastor procuram acrescentar valor através de uma revisão cuidada de cada obra, de modo a minimizar o número de erros e a atingir uma versão fiel ao original, actualizada de acordo com a ortografia vigente. Tudo isto acompanhado por um design atractivo.
The project has been recently launched with three eBooks, all available in EPUB:
Eurico o Presbítero, by Alexandre Herculano
Livro de Soror Saudade, by Florbela Espanca
O Banqueiro Anarquista, by Fernando Pessoa

The official website:
http://projectoadamastor.org/

vampiregrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #1115
Kim Donovan
Kim Donovan
Kim Donovan began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Should indie authors treat self-publishing as a business?

Hi
I've been thinking about whether I should operate in a more business like way as an independent publisher. And i've been looking at traditional publishers' mission statements for inspiration. They're fascinating! I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the matter and ask whether any of you have mission statements for your publishing businesses? I've just written a blog on the subject. Here is the link if you're interested.
Thanks
Kim
http://electrikinc.wordpress.com/201...sion-possible/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	finalViperCover(ebook).png
Views:	185
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	103326   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover - compressed try out.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	103327  
Kim Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #1116
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's time for another review on my site. This time, it's John A. A. Logan with his literary anthology, Storm Damage.

Review here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...ohn-a-a-logan/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:28 AM   #1117
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I posted something non-book related on my blog today about dealing with fantastic customer service (yep that's right).

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/how-c...ort-should-be/

I need to get back to reading and reviewing, I got burnt out really fast and became so overwhelmed that it just became work and not so much fun.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #1118
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Two things going on today. On my own blog, we kick off a new feature, Box 010, it's not too complicated, have a look and see how it works and if you'd like to take part get in touch. You can find it here.

Second thing, there's a New session of Gumbee Fantasy Writers' Guild posts up... this series we are mostly 'doing' love and/or pathos, how each writer approaches it and how. For the first post, from Marcus Pailing, go here

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers

MTM
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #1119
Steve Vernon
Connoisseur
Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My take on the whole Amazon-buys-Goodreads brouhaha.

Guaranteed for a giggle or two.
Steve Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #1120
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I posted the first chapter of my upcoming book, "Wyvern" http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/03/...chapter-1.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #1121
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
A few updates since my last post for Indie Paranormal Book Reviews

- Perpetual by Michaela Debelius - Review and Whatcha Reading? Spotlight
Urban Fantasy Romance

- Excuse My Fairy by Kinley Baker - Guest Author and Review
Paranormal Romance

- Incubus by Nicholas Taylor - Short Story Review
Urban Fantasy
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #1122
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today I posted my review for Alisa Tangredi's Under the Looking Glass.

This is a rather surreal mystery that I really enjoyed despite its use of trappings that I don't always appreciate.

Check it out here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...lisa-tangredi/
Old 04-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #1123
Steve Vernon
Connoisseur
Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Vernon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You think about these FOUR MAGIC WORDS the next time that you feel your tank is running dry.
Steve Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #1124
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Due to life happening, and circumstances in general, Top of the Heap Reviews will be on an extended hiatus for the foreseeable future. Thank you for allowing us to review your books, and to talk to everyone about writing, reading, and publishing in general.

The site took off much faster than expected, and things grew to a point where we can no longer sustain the amount of work coming in, nor can we guarantee a turn around time with any certainty.

IF YOU SENT A PHYSICAL COPY, it will still be reviewed and put up on the site in the coming months however. All electronic copies will be destroyed to protect any copyright infringement of the authors that have worked so hard to get their stuff out.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

This doesn't mean I'm going to NOT do book reviews, but I am taking a GIANT step backwards. The workload became so much that reading stopped being fun, and became a chore. The last thing I want to do is lose any love of reading.

So unless it's something I REALLY want to read, I've deleted it from my computer.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:08 AM   #1125
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Due to life happening, and circumstances in general, Top of the Heap Reviews will be on an extended hiatus for the foreseeable future. Thank you for allowing us to review your books, and to talk to everyone about writing, reading, and publishing in general.

The site took off much faster than expected, and things grew to a point where we can no longer sustain the amount of work coming in, nor can we guarantee a turn around time with any certainty.

IF YOU SENT A PHYSICAL COPY, it will still be reviewed and put up on the site in the coming months however. All electronic copies will be destroyed to protect any copyright infringement of the authors that have worked so hard to get their stuff out.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

This doesn't mean I'm going to NOT do book reviews, but I am taking a GIANT step backwards. The workload became so much that reading stopped being fun, and became a chore. The last thing I want to do is lose any love of reading.

So unless it's something I REALLY want to read, I've deleted it from my computer.
I can relate - the amount of requests coming in is quite depressing because I know I can't look at it all and I don't have time (unless I make some massive adjustments) to put out more than 3 reviews a month. I obviously get many more times that in requests.

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing