Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Darkness Follows - a short story collection - only 99 cents

I have a new e-collection of some of my stories, many of which appeared in the small press or overseas markets across a period of nearly twenty years. Themes are varying from traditional ghost stories through pulp SF, historical fantasy and more adult horrors.

Code Violation, Creatures of the Night, Dancers, Ghost Writer, Hotline, Joining with the One, Just a Par to Win, One Spring Eve, Overheard in a Cemetery, Phantom Payment, Sucking the Biote, The Flute and the Glen, The Old Mother, The Worst Sound

Available from Smashwords in most formats for only 99 cents

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/23766

williemeikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Snagged it.

Thanks for the short stories...(my favorite) and the price can't be beat.

Now.......this is the first time I've bought from smashwords. Found the process easy and painless.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?
williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.williemeikle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Snagged it.

Thanks for the short stories...(my favorite) and the price can't be beat.

Now.......this is the first time I've bought from smashwords. Found the process easy and painless.
Thanks for buying.

Smashwords do it right on the purchasing front. As you say, simple and painless. And lots of formats too...
Old 09-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thanks, Willie.. Bought another 2 of your books, while I was there.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:48 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
love short story collections, picked that one up and Invasion, that sounds cool too!!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:22 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know if this is a Smashwords problem or what, but I can't read Darkness Follows, the text is really really squished.

Also the table of contents do not work, and words overlap

Last edited by jhempel24; 09-11-2010 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I don't know if this is a Smashwords problem or what, but I can't read Darkness Follows, the text is really really squished.

Also the table of contents do not work, and words overlap
I'll get my publisher to check it out...
Old 09-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

Thanks, I would really like to read it, but I can't at the moment due to the way the text is.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
It looks good and reads well in the kindle format.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

The publisher is on the case... new upload coming today or tomorrow.

Seemingly it passed Smashwords upload conditions OK, but doesn't quite work in some of the reader formats. Seems to me that's a flaw in Smashwords upload procedures somewhere.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard

Awesome, thanks man!!! I'll look for it!!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:17 AM   #12
jhempel24
Wizard

I noticed there was another upload of this book, so I don't know if there was another upload or not...but it's MUCH worse than before...sorry...don't mean to be a pain, but I can't read it at all.

I've attached two images of what I get when I open the epub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	691.4 KB
ID:	58169   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	569.5 KB
ID:	58170  
Old 09-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

Quote:
I noticed there was another upload of this book, so I don't know if there was another upload or not...but it's MUCH worse than before...sorry...don't mean to be a pain, but I can't read it at all.

I'll report back to the publisher....
Old 09-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
williemeikle
Are the stars right yet?

Quote:

Could you tell me what reader that is you're using?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #15
jhempel24
Wizard

It's the one that's in Calibre