Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #61
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
well polished, I thought ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #62
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'l need to toss in some random words as filler, I think.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #63
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you mean like "Poly"
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #64
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
It would be amazing to have the two poems as beginning and ends of the book. What say you, GeoffC, are you game if Jaxx is game?
I am game.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #65
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Latest image (Sadly all my earlier ones are gone. Moving stuff from one hard-drive to another and, well, I accidentally killed the backup.) I don't know if I'll be submitting a story for the collection as my extended vacation away from communication might be happening sooner than I thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GOTPOE2.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	48134  
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 05:31 AM   #66
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:25 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #67
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
"I don't know if I'll be submitting a story for the collection as my extended vacation away from communication might be happening sooner than I thought. "

That's a crying shame. I was really looking froward to your take on the (mechanical) Raven.

Oh, the new cover is a bit... monochrome. It's whimsical, but I think a couple of the original covers were more striking.
Yeah, sorry about that, but....well, my decision to leave early was accelerated in the last few days. If you're reading this Jaxx, I just won't be around to work on any more covers or anything now. Feel free to do what you want with any artowrk that's been posted, but please don't attribute it to me.

Good luck with the collection (not that you'll need it).

Might see you all on the flipside.

PJ
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #68
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:26 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #69
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Yeah, sorry about that, but....well, my decision to leave early was accelerated in the last few days. If you're reading this Jaxx, I just won't be around to work on any more covers or anything now. Feel free to do what you want with any artowrk that's been posted, but please don't attribute it to me.

Good luck with the collection (not that you'll need it).

Might see you all on the flipside.

PJ

Wow. What did I miss?

In more positive news, the subs are coming in at a decent clip. =)
Received a couple today....so - - Good news everybody!
I'll be taking my laptop with me to California tomorrow and during some of the downtime at the conference I plan on sitting down and checking my email. And then maybe working on another inclusion.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #70
jaxx6166
Wizard

Now if only we get the telltale biscuit.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #71
Moxie Mezcal
Human Fly
Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPad
What an awesome idea. Is there still room in the anthology for late-coming entrants? Has anyone laid claim to doing something based on "The Cask of Amontillado"?
Moxie Mezcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #72
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Now if only we get the telltale biscuit.
Sorry, I was at my brother's funeral this weekend and did not write anything...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #73
jaxx6166
Wizard

It's okay. Sorry about your brother

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update and then it's back to the real world again.
I've received six submissions to the anthology formally through email or PM. All will go in the anthology. If anyone wants something they've put in this thread to be included let me know. I'll be working on it on and off for the next few weeks, so feel free to submit if anything else comes up for y'all.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #74
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I will definitely be submitting mine before the 10th, and probably by this Monday coming... still tidying it up (and rewriting chunks )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #75
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I will definitely be submitting mine before the 10th, and probably by this Monday coming... still tidying it up (and rewriting chunks )
Monday morning ! (just!)