Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Exclamation 10 Reward Points for Every $1 in Digital Downloads!

Looks like Amazon's wasting no time in capitalizing on the Fire fire!:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000739921

I think the normal deal is 3 points for every $1 in Amazon purchases.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Do you have to have Excellent credit? I only have Fair at this point since I only started building mine in May.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Do you have to have Excellent credit? I only have Fair at this point since I only started building mine in May.
I'm honestly not sure. Sometimes banks are laxer in their acceptance polices to build up the customer base, but with credit being so restricted the past few years it's probably less likely.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
JuniperPearl
Enthusiast
JuniperPearl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire, iPhone 5, Kindle Voyage
The Amazon.com rewards card was my first credit card, so no, I'd say you don't have to have excellent credit. I had $20K+ in student loans with only about $150 in interest paid off at the time and they approved me almost instantly. (This was only a few months ago - August or September.) Only a $1000 credit line, but not too bad for a first card. I'm enjoying the rewards points since most of what I buy is on Amazon anyway.

This is a pretty awesome deal, thanks for letting us know! Good until the end of December, too -- I know I'll be buying more Kindle books come Christmas!
JuniperPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperPearl View Post
I'm enjoying the rewards points since most of what I buy is on Amazon anyway.

This is a pretty awesome deal...
I agree. To me it's a lot better than Discover's set-up, in terms of the variable amount of points earned for different purchases. I pay as many regular purchases (gas, groceries, cable, etc.) as possible with it, so it doesn't feel like I'm "robbing Peter to pay Paul" with unneeded purchases (you know, like a fourth tablet ), and I've always got a nice little extra chunk of change each month to help defray more impromptu buys.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperPearl View Post
The Amazon.com rewards card was my first credit card, so no, I'd say you don't have to have excellent credit. I had $20K+ in student loans with only about $150 in interest paid off at the time and they approved me almost instantly. (This was only a few months ago - August or September.) Only a $1000 credit line, but not too bad for a first card. I'm enjoying the rewards points since most of what I buy is on Amazon anyway.
This is a pretty awesome deal, thanks for letting us know! Good until the end of December, too -- I know I'll be buying more Kindle books come Christmas!
Since you cant even get rid of student loans by bankruptcy i would be surprised if it hurt you from getting any sort of loan.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:40 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I rarely buy digital stuff; and when I do, it's only the Kindle special offers - like an ebook for $1 or an Audible membership for $6. For me, this is no enticement.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote