Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
wn1ytw
wn1ytw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2, PW3 & KV; Kobo Glo HD
how to handle this 'book'?

I hope this is the proper place to ask this.

I have a folder on my desktop of html files that are chapters of a book. The folder is the book- with each file being one of the chapters.

I assume there is a way to combine these into a book in calibre and vaguely recall seeing something about how to approach this somewhere but I've no idea where I saw it or what to call the problem!

I think after combining I would like to convert to a mobi file?

Advice or help please?

Thanks
scott
wn1ytw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wn1ytw View Post
I hope this is the proper place to ask this.

I have a folder on my desktop of html files that are chapters of a book. The folder is the book- with each file being one of the chapters.

I assume there is a way to combine these into a book in calibre and vaguely recall seeing something about how to approach this somewhere but I've no idea where I saw it or what to call the problem!

I think after combining I would like to convert to a mobi file?

Advice or help please?

Thanks
scott
Doesn't anyone ever RTFM anymore
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
IAdvice or help please?
If you have a single index.html file in that folder or similar html file with links to all chapters, just drag that one file into Calibre, and it will collect all the linked chapter files.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I'll admit I seldom read the entire manual for any software, but I often read the FAQ, and this is/was almost the first thing in the FAQ. I found that prominent position in the FAQ to be pretty surprising, as it seems like something most would seldom do, but it is pretty easy to find.

Most html-based books that I've run into seem to already have an index file, and all that link is doing is explaining how to make an index.html by hand.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
wn1ytw
wn1ytw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2, PW3 & KV; Kobo Glo HD
Thank you so much.

I have tried several times to RTFM. I usually spend a couple hours attempting just that before I subject myself to the inevitable RTFMD. I find the Calibre FM particularly confusing. I did so this time as well. I will try to muddle through the suggestions, thank you.
scott
wn1ytw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you so much.

I have tried several times to RTFM. I usually spend a couple hours attempting just that before I subject myself to the inevitable RTFMD. I find the Calibre FM particularly confusing. I did so this time as well. I will try to muddle through the suggestions, thank you.
scott
I will totally agree that finding things in the Manual can be difficult. (I Knew the answer was in the manual. I had to look 3 times to find it to point Read here.)

It is there.
It is usually, technically correct. It surely is not a simplified, 'Dummies' guide or 'cookbook' (but there are some good recipes interspersed).

This is not a slur on what we have (and I don't volunteer to write a better one because I am a terrible writer)
When I buy a programming book. I poke through the stack until I find one that is written more more as a Tutorial than a reworded reference guide, explaining what we do to get this results.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
I will try to muddle through the suggestions,
Do you have an index file? Often you can open up any chapter html file and there will be a link back up to the index file (which isn't necessarily named index.html).

Tags
add book, chapters, combine, convert