Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
nowthenmobile
Enthusiast
nowthenmobile is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Cannot read borrowed library epubs on Binatone ReadMe Daily

I can read DRM protected epubs on my Binatone ReadMe Daily, but not if they have been borrowed from a library (for 21 days).
I have reformatted my device but it has not made any difference. My device has been authorised using the same details for which Adobe Digital Editions has been authorised.
If I carry out exactly the same steps but use a Sony PRS-350, I can read the borrowed epub with no difficulty.

Can anyone suggest a solution?
Thank you.
nowthenmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Don't know what system your library might use in the UK, but Overdrive lists Binatone ReadMe Daily under Incompatible Devices. If it's the same where you are, you may be out of luck.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
nowthenmobile
Enthusiast

Thank you sqdancer.
You have solved the mystery. It does use Overdrive. I wouldn't mind knowing why binatone have not made it compatible. I wonder if it costs them to do so. I will wait to hear their reply. It belongs to my little boy. It looks like we will have to get him a Sony or maybe a Kobo Touch to save some money. I notice that you use a Kobo Touch. How have you found it? Is the screen as good as the Sony or Kindle's. I seem to remember that it might use the same Pearl e-Ink screen.
Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Hubby uses the Touch mostly, and he likes it. Yes, the Kobo Touch does use the Pearl e-ink screen. My experience with the Kindle and Sony screens are extremely limited (just seen over someone's shoulder on the bus or in a display in the shops), so I can't compare based on real life usage experience. And anyway, I might not be the best person to ask about screens; I don't even mind my old Aluratek screen.

If you're looking for something not overly expensive, the new Kobo mini (5 inch screen, the specs aren't clear if it's Pearl?) has just come out. I think I heard that WHSmith was carrying the Kobos in the UK, so they might have demo models that you could check out and see if you and your little boy like the screen.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
nowthenmobile
Enthusiast

I think the Kobo mini has a different screen. I'll have to go and check it out. Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo mini is too small. 6" is much better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote