Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #46
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
When I looked today... it says 7-10 days on the touch 3g (us amazon, I don't know about Australia).
Strange. It is still showing In Stock for the Touch 3G for me. That is without having logged in. Also My Amazon account doesn't have me in Australia and I didn't think Amazon's site used IP to regionalize content. I thought they based that on your account or your selection of country/region. Also, there is no specific Amazon Australia site. To buy from Amazon, we have to order from the US and have it shipped. I do understand that they have a warehouse here to reduce shipping time and cost but don't think the website content managment is tied to that. I could be wrong.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #47
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Ah. A new generation of Kindles would be awesome. I think I'll wait before buying one as a replacement to my current Nook Touch.
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #48
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
All of the kindles seem to be coming back in stock now. It would be nice if Amazon simply told everyone what is going on instead of leaving everyone in the dark.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #49
docjim
docjim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
3G Kindle Touch out of stock again. Hmm.
docjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #50
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I was told by an employee at Walmart that they have not received kindles to sell in two months. I think that amazon jumped the gun, planning on moving out the new lineup earlier this summer, when they had problems with the lighting they could not simply have the factories go back to cranking out old kindles. So there are no new kindles this summer but old kindles are in short supply. As I said before the new kindles could come out tomorrow or by Christmas or anytime inbetween. We don't know. But I don't think the new kindles would simply magically appear on amazon's website without any kind of press coverage and/or demo models. If you look at availability of kindles as an indication, you're going to have a slow tedious summer.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert