Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
reiandcoke
reiandcoke began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Sort - Last Name, First Name

Hi All,

Forums here are great, just made an account to ask a question. Here is what I want to do:

1) Have the authors display on my Kindle 3 as "LastName, FirstName" and not "FirstName LastName" as it defaults to.

2) When I sort by authors on my Kindle 3 I want it to sort by the first initial of the last name, not the first initial of the first name as it defaults to.

This seems like it should be simple to do but after hours of reading forums and messing with Calibre I can't seem to figure it out. If it helps my metadata is currently setup as follows:

-Author: FirstName LastName
-Author Sort: LastName, FirstName

Last edited by reiandcoke; 08-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
reiandcoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
Ransom
Banned
Ransom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle-3
Simply change "author sort" to be the same as "Author" so that both read:

Author(s): First Last
Author Sort: First Last

Last edited by Ransom; 08-08-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 04:54 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The kindle presents some problems with author names. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98470 for a discussion and ways that people with kindles deal with author sorting.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Although the Kindle displays author names as "firstname lastname" it sorts correctly by lastname.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote