Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
JoeSchmoo
JoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
Possible NOOKcolor update timeline info

I didn't see this here, so apologies if this has already been posted. Taken from anther site, some interesting tidbits, to be taken, as always,with a grain of salt.

Another interesting development from the Nook Developer forum.
This is what Ted Patrick, the community manager, wrote regarding timelines -
1. Enable developer mode in 1.1 and new SDK – Jan 2011
2. Create ingestion, approval, merchant support for developer with backend systems – Feb 2011
3. Deliver Android 2.2+ Flash/AIR support – Feb 2011
4. Launch application support on NOOKcolor – March 2011
This seems to suggest that –
1. In January 2011, we’ll see Nook Dev team add the ability to test Nook Color Apps on the Nook Color. This should really help.
2. In February 2011, developers will be able to upload their apps for testing. Also, backend systems and the store pages will be setup.
3. In March 2011, the first Nook Color apps will come out.

March, 2011 would mean the very end of Q1, 2011. However, given that the Nook Color was released in November 2010, this is very impressive.
Since there are 25 developer partners working on launch apps, and since there is a decent amount of interest in making Nook Apps amongst developers at the Nook Developer forums, it’s possible that the Nook App Store debuts with 50 to 100 apps.
JoeSchmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I would be VERY happy w/ android 2.2 in February! While the test builds of 2.2 are great; I like the integration w/ Nook software ...
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert