Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #1201
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've finally posted my review for Hugh Howey's Shift. While it didn't quite get to me the same way Wool did, it was still a fantastic read.

Check out my review here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...by-hugh-howey/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #1202
Mortuum
Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.Mortuum is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Pocketbook touch
I don't know if are many french speaker here. But it my interest you. I have created a forum since few month about ebooks and ereader. http://e-lire.fr/forum

It is rather knew but we are already a good number of active member.
So if you speak French, even not perfectly, you are welcome
Mortuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #1203
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
New Flash non-fiction (or is fiction?) post on my Bleeding Edge blog:

It Starts...

http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #1204
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
New Flash non-fiction (or is fiction?) post on my Bleeding Edge blog:

It Starts...

http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/
Nice.

The first two paragraphs remind me of the concerns I had when I built my house. But just when I think you are in my head, you deliver the blow. In a few short words you swapped the filter on my lens. I like that.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #1205
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks Caleb!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #1206
caleb72
Indie Advocate

A new fantasy review. This time, a very satisfying offering that includes all the good stuff and is set in a world based on ancient Mesopotamia: Pale Queen's Courtyard by Marcin Wrona.

http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...-marcin-wrona/
Old 06-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #1207
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks caleb7 for all you do - your site is wonderful.

I just put up the first chapter of Deadly Memories on my website. If you'd like to read it, it's here: http://anauthorsplace.weebly.com/dea...--excerpt.html
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #1208
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm back from vacation and kicking off a tribute to NYT Bestselling Author Tim Lebbon!

Today I have a review of one of this novelizations, A Cabin in the Woods

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/cabin...ds-tim-lebbon/

Tomorrow I will have an interview with him, followed by a review of Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void, and for Flash Friday, his story Black!

I hope you check it all out!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #1209
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And our interview with NYT Bestselling author of Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void, Tim Lebbon is now live!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/tuesd...th-tim-lebbon/

Check it out won't you?
Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #1210
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I'm switching gears to "Liselle", book 1 of the Crazed Trilogy. I already have 70,000 words of it written and I can finish off the last 30,000 in a good amount of time. Once I'm done with this, then I'll get back to book 2 of the Wyvern Trilogy.

Here's the first 2 chapters of "Liselle"

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/06/...s-1-and-2.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #1211
caleb72
Indie Advocate

My latest work is for a literary piece called Cansville by Alan Flurry.

Check out the review here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...y-alan-flurry/
Old 07-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #1212
jhempel24
Wizard

Caleb, another top notch review!! Love how you do those things..I need to read more of them and learn a bit more to make my reviews better.

That being said, here's another bad review from me. Although I'm quite proud of the baseball analogy that I used at the end LOL. Should I be proud of something that is relating to something negative??

Swing and a miss! I really did want to like this baseball novel, I love the game. This was "juuuust a bit outside!"

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/nothi...-mike-reuther/
Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #1213
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Should I be proud of something that is relating to something negative??
Joe, some of the best reviews ever written were for stinkers. Dorothy Parker made a career of it. "This is not a book to be put aside lightly. It should be thrown, and with great force."

Or, for a play starring Katharine Hepburn: "Miss Hepburn ran the emotional gamut from A to B."
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #1214
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
Joe, some of the best reviews ever written were for stinkers. Dorothy Parker made a career of it. "This is not a book to be put aside lightly. It should be thrown, and with great force."

Or, for a play starring Katharine Hepburn: "Miss Hepburn ran the emotional gamut from A to B."
Ha! I think I've read that somewhere! I gotta say though, people do tend to make sure people know just how bad a book is more than just how good one is. Maybe there is something to it. I'm getting a sort of reputation for being hard on authors, which can be good or bad I guess.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #1215
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I'm getting a sort of reputation for being hard on authors, which can be good or bad I guess.
I can't complain...yet.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing