Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Help cleaning up "reading" list

This is a pretty minor matter but I have a lot of books showing up "new" and sticking in my reading list because of that. I think they used to disappear after a time if I hadn't opened them but they're still there. Any advice? No biggie but I'm a little OCD, so would like a "clean" reading list.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Open the book and tap to get the icons at the bottom of the screen.

Select the tool icon, and select Mark as Finished. The book will go to the library and out of the reading list.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I don't have a Kobo Touch, just a basic Kobo WiFi.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Same deal with the WiFi, just select the book and mark it as finished. The only books that are in the Reading list are one's that are Open or New.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Yeah. I don't have any way to mark it finished but to scroll to the last page and sometimes that takes awhile. Also, there is still the issue of the "new" books not going off the list.
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
ltr
Addict

Quote:
Yeah. I don't have any way to mark it finished but to scroll to the last page
No, simply open the book.

Press the Menu button.

Select Close Book from the list (now it's finished).

Now it's gone from the I'm Reading list.

This pertains to any book (including New) that is in the I'm Reading list.

ltr
Old 12-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Thanks but I don't have any close book option.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
ltr
Addict

After a book is opened, press the Menu button and tell me what options you do have?

You should have Close Book as the last option in the list.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Thanks! I have next chapter, table of contents, previous chapter, I'm reading, books, display, and settings.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
What version of the firmware do you have? The most recent update which is 1.9 included the 'Close Book' option.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
What version of the firmware do you have? The most recent update which is 1.9 included the 'Close Book' option.
There's the issue. I don't think I've ever updated the firmware. How do I do that? Thanks so much!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just run Kobo Desktop.... that should handle it for you
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
ltr
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just run Kobo Desktop.... that should handle it for you
Or simply connect to the Kobo site using wireless and it will update automatically.

From the User manual (that I recommend you read):

Your eReader automatically checks for updates when you connect to a wireless network.
To update your eReader:
1. Using your eReader, connect to a wireless network.
Your eReader will check to see whether an update is available.
If you do not see a prompt, your eReader is already running the most current software.
If an update is available, your eReader will notify you and prompt you to update.
2. Select OK to update your eReader. Your eReader downloads the update.
3. When your eReader prompts you to finish the update, restart your eReader.

ltr
Old 12-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #14
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Thanks, guys! You rock. The new firmware even has "remove from list" which is quick and easy.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
I have an issue with the website now. I can't delete a book from my I'm Reading list without also deleting it from my Purchased list. What's the deal?
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote