Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #916
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
new version of coolreader is out you can get it from here if you dont use google play
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...er3/cr3-3.1.2/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:43 AM   #917
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Cool Reader GL is updated, too

cr3gl-3.3.50-arm-mips-x86.apk - Android / Cool Reader GL

TTS support is added.
Various fixes.

The same app for Desktop / Win32 can be downloaded here:

cr3-win32-qt-opengl-3.3.48.zip
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #918
Nova5
Enthusiast
Nova5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Update via market and now Hard crashes on my nook simple glow touch. Uninstalled, reinstalled, full power off (not sleep) and power on. No help there.
Nova5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #919
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova5 View Post
Update via market and now Hard crashes on my nook simple glow touch. Uninstalled, reinstalled, full power off (not sleep) and power on. No help there.
Same here I went to one of the older versions from here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...er3/cr3-3.1.2/
Old 07-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #920
Nova5
Enthusiast

Gonna have to load it from an SD card. Browser and opera mini don't work either
Advert
Old 07-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #921
Nova5
Enthusiast

Which architecture do I need? Mips/arm/etc?
Old 07-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #922
Nova5
Enthusiast

Arm from what I read on omap3. How can I get it installed? Install blocked only nook shop. Apps can be installed. Nooktools non-market is checked.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:15 PM   #923
Dopedangel
Wizard

I have total commander file!manager installed as well. Double tapping the apk installs it. As far as transferring apk to the device I use Dropbox.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #924
Nova5
Enthusiast

Its already on device and when I attempted to install it I got the above error. Thanks thou.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #925
Nova5
Enthusiast

Okay.. next question.. how far back to I have to go... Tried this one and it still just crashes on open. cr3.1.2-71_arm_armv7a_mips_x86.apk
Old 07-30-2015, 01:37 AM   #926
Dopedangel
Wizard

I am using cr3.1.2-69
Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #927
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I love Coolreader; been using it for years (since my Palm T|X); still looking for a progress sync feature, though.

I have a phone and a tablet, and I keep reverting to Kindle (yuck) because I can turn on wifi and quickly sync my tablet to the cloud, allowing me to leave it home and read on my phone if the opportunity arises.

Is there going to be a sync feature in an upcoming release, or is there a workaround in Coolreader?
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:04 AM   #928
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
I love Coolreader; been using it for years (since my Palm T|X); still looking for a progress sync feature, though.

I have a phone and a tablet, and I keep reverting to Kindle (yuck) because I can turn on wifi and quickly sync my tablet to the cloud, allowing me to leave it home and read on my phone if the opportunity arises.

Is there going to be a sync feature in an upcoming release, or is there a workaround in Coolreader?
Koreader implements the CR3 engine for most formats (it uses a different renderer for PDF) It has OPDS support and a "Progress Sync" feature. I have used it from what I was reading on my Kobo Aura HD to reading on my Asus TF 101 tablet. It should work between any device running Koreader (Kindles, Kobos, Pocketbooks, and some Androids)

Luck:
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-14-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #929
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Koreader implements the CR3 engine for most formats (it uses a different renderer for PDF) It has OPDS support and a "Progress Sync" feature. I have used it from what I was reading on my Kobo Aura HD to reading on my Asus TF 101 tablet. It should work between any device running Koreader (Kindles, Kobos, Pocketbooks, and some Androids)

Luck:
Ken
Thanks. I might be able to use this on my laptop... I am using Samsung Android devices, though and this seems geared more toward Kindles. How do I install on a straight-up Android OS?
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #930
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Thanks. I might be able to use this on my laptop... I am using Samsung Android devices, though and this seems geared more toward Kindles. How do I install on a straight-up Android OS?
The thread. You just download the apk and select it on your Android device, you should then get the option to install it. The newest "nightly" version should have the most features but if it doesn't work as expected you can try the "stable" release. If that works you might want to try some of the nightly releases after the date of the stable release but before the current release. (There are a lot of Android devices running under a number of Android versions, the development team hasn't the resources to test on many.)

The WiKi hasn't been updated to include any Android version specific information, most of the features work the same on all the devices.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-15-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader