Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #31
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I would like to stay under $200.
Hmm Ok let melook around but out of the two you posted I would go with the Archos,
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #32
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Really? I'm a little surprised at that. I've been corresponding with someone who has the Coby and really likes it. He says it comes preloaded with Aldiko which I had never heard of, but he subscribed to a magazine on B&N and was able to sideload it to the Coby and read it with Aldiko. What do you think?
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #33
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Really? I'm a little surprised at that. I've been corresponding with someone who has the Coby and really likes it. He says it comes preloaded with Aldiko which I had never heard of, but he subscribed to a magazine on B&N and was able to sideload it to the Coby and read it with Aldiko. What do you think?
I'm sure it's an ok product. Two things that stand out is the Coby appears to not have direct access to the android market but to some third party marketplace. I can't comment on how easy or difficult it would be to have access to the actual android market on the Coby. The archos has direct access to both.

the other thing that would cause me to pause is the Coby has a "resistive" touch screen as opposed to the capactive. The resistive touchscreen is an earlier generation touchscreen. Think of the ones you use a stylus when using your debit card in a convenience store or stuper market. the capactive screen is the much more high quality screen think of a smartphone or even a touchscreen used at most ATM's and like a RedBox .

hmm but then again the Coby does have much more connectivity and does have a stronger processor as well.

Ok I rescind my earlier vote and suggest you give the Coby a try.

Last edited by boswd; 06-13-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #34
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with me. This won't be something that I use a whole lot, doubt if I'll use it much except for the books and magazines. I already have a laptop and a netbook and I don't travel or anything.

I'll probably get the Coby. You are correct about it not accessing the Androit Market, I read in the reviews that this is one thing people don't like about it.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #35
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with me. This won't be something that I use a whole lot, doubt if I'll use it much except for the books and magazines. I already have a laptop and a netbook and I don't travel or anything.

I'll probably get the Coby. You are correct about it not accessing the Androit Market, I read in the reviews that this is one thing people don't like about it.
Ok great let us know when it comes in and how you like it.