Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
SIGH! PB360 power buttone depressed/jammed

UGH! from an happily nascent PB360 owner to one who want to almost destroy it with a hammer. The power button is depressed completely and will not return to its usual position. Completely jammed and slightly tortured after trying to pry it open.

Is it worth opening up the PB 360 to try to 'fix' the apparently broken spring under the Power button?

I just bought the PB 360 in December and am aware of the 2 year warranty but does that cover shipping as well? I live in Japan and if the shipping costs as much as buying a new one I might have to say a reluctant and pissed off sionara to PocketBook.

any help would be greatly apprectiated.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
As far as I know, shipping it back for a warranty claim is all on you. I am shocked that no-one else has replied to you here. I've been very vocal in my love of the PB360, but reading the forums today is making me shake my head at the lack of customer service and support going on lately.

I was considering an IQ and even the new version of the 360 when it came out (if it still had the hard cover and included WiFi), but after all the horror stories lately, I think I'll be taking my money elsewhere.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I sent an email to Pocketbook and they forwarded my problem to the service center, THAT was about ten days ago....still NO WORD. i assume that I would have to pay for shipping both ways, Two year guarantee...interesting. I only read about 5 books on it and used the power button only for key lock and occasional shutdown. I have only had the PB360 since December of 2010. I actually chose it over quite a few readers. It was my fourth reader and has gone form being one of the best to one that I will NOT recommend to anyone. Got an OPUS this weekend. Not as fancy but the Power button seems to at least be designed to last. At least I helped Pocket Book pay for some of their electric bills in NY.
ta for the news. yes.. started to read some of the negatives of the PB devices...maybe I should have read more of them.. Have owned 5 ereaders up to now and never had any problems... till the PB360....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Hidari- Im sorry you have had a problem with your 360. But I can tell you that there are literally 10s of thousands of 360s out there and there is no universal problem with the power button. In fact, I haven't heard of a power button problem previously.

Things happen. It's one of the things you have to consider when shopping for something mail order from along distance, "What will I do if it breaks?"

Contact the service center directly service@pocketbook-usa.com and ask them directly. If you actually want it fixed. Having purchased another reader already it seems like you don't.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Hmm strange question I just thought of relating to this situation.

Since he has purchased a replacement reader at this point, still has the broken PB360 that is still under warrenty, if he were to sell it to another party would the warrenty transfer over?

Or is it only with the original purchaser?

Just wondering since PB does have a fantastic warrenty time =)
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Hidari- Im sorry you have had a problem with your 360. But I can tell you that there are literally 10s of thousands of 360s out there and there is no universal problem with the power button. In fact, I haven't heard of a power button problem previously.

Things happen. It's one of the things you have to consider when shopping for something mail order from along distance, "What will I do if it breaks?"

Contact the service center directly service@pocketbook-usa.com and ask them directly. If you actually want it fixed. Having purchased another reader already it seems like you don't.
Ta for the help Dulin. I am still a fan of Pocket Book. I was slightly shocked when I saw that the power button had malfunctioned. I would have thought the software or screen would malfunction or break before the power button. I ride my bike in the snow almost every day in winter with my reader so I was more worried about the screen. funnily enough, all my other readers present and sold have held up to extensive normal use and abuse without any malfunctioning....So, I was slight UNHAPPY when my new 360 broke. I have attached photos here...they are taken with a cheap mobile phone..but you get the idea...The scratches are from me trying to PRY the on/off button back to the surface...but to no avail. Yes, perhaps stupid to have done..but so be it. Have just sent the photos to PB and am awaiting a response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA3E0034.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	66344   Click image for larger version

Name:	CA3E00320001.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	66345   Click image for larger version

Name:	CA3E00330001.jpg
Views:	210