Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
jamic1301
jamic1301 began at the beginning.

Device: droid
Problem installing calibre

Hello everyone. I'm new to calibre, but I'm a huge e-book fan. I read using my droid. I love having all these books available in a compact format wherever I go. However, I am having trouble installing calibre on my PC. Whenever I go to install it an error message comes up saying " the system administrator has set policies preventing this installation." I'm not very computer savy, but I did try and turn off the firewall and that didnt work. Any suggestions?
jamic1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
pollito pito
i warned you ...
pollito pito doesn't litterpollito pito doesn't litterpollito pito doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamic1301 View Post
(...)Whenever I go to install it an error message comes up saying " the system administrator has set policies preventing this installation." (...)
Are you ussing your own PC ?
If you are on your PC you will have to log in as Administrator and try again. What Operating System are you on?
pollito pito is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
susiebblue
susiebblue began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for PC
me too

Hi, I am having exactly same problem. I am logged on as administrator and am using Windows 7 but still no joy, does anyone have any suggestions plz
susiebblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Who set the Admin Policies on your machine (if not you)?

W7Home premium (AMD 64) UAC as shipped, just installs after the standard screen dimming question-password.
Your security suite may be blocking.
BTW it really helps if you paste the Exact error message into a spoiler (red X eye).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote