Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #16
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 87%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 13%

Site Male-Female Ratio
google.com 0.98
yahoo.com 0.9
mapquest.com 0.83
amazon.com 0.9
facebook.com 0.83
livejournal.com 0.68
ichotelsgroup.com 0.89
aa.com 0.83
ibm.com 1.5
icanhascheezburger.com 1.04
gutenberg.org 1.06
angelfoodministries.com 0.43
fantasticfiction.co.uk 0.75
Well, the conclusion is correct, but they omitted many sites that I regularly frequent. Which means they haven't done the analysis of those sites. The article says that the routine "polled the browser to find out which of the Quantcast top 10k sites were visited." Obviously MobileRead, BookCrossing, and other places where I spend the majority of my time are not in that top 10K. Interesting that for Ricky, the routine reported that she had visited gmail.com, but didn't do so for me -- and that's my primary mail location.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:29 AM   #17
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 33%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 67%
You have a funny name for a boy
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #18
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 99%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 1%

Site Male-Female Ratio
ebay.com 1.11
amazon.com 0.9
walmart.com 0.77
target.com 0.67
bestbuy.com 1.11
circuitcity.com 1.2
homedepot.com 0.94
sears.com 0.98
city-data.com 0.9
toysrus.com 0.69
kmart.com 0.63
gamestop.com 0.94
drugstore.com 0.63
aa.com 0.83
staples.com 0.98
officedepot.com 1.02
nintendo.com 0.9
wowhead.com 2.03
ebgames.com 1.06
officemax.com 1.02
bjs.com 0.94
thottbot.com 1.35
landsend.com 0.64
fredmeyer.com 0.75
playfirst.com 0.28

I never realized I was so girly! I guess shopping for video games, tires and home goods will do that to you
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceili View Post

I never realized I was so girly! I guess shopping for video games, tires and home goods will do that to you

this system is clearly 100% infallible.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #20
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceili View Post

The algorithm easily detects the shopping gene. Given that this gene is active in women and dormant in men ...
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #21
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 28%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 72%

sic gloria transit mundi....

Site Male-Female Ratio
google.com 0.98
yahoo.com 0.9
youtube.com 1
wikipedia.org 1.08
ebay.com 1.11
amazon.com 0.9
facebook.com 0.83
cnn.com 1.35
flickr.com 1.15
weather.com 1.08
yellowpages.com 0.72
cafepress.com 0.8
npr.org 0.98
thepiratebay.org 2.13
archive.org 1.11
boingboing.net 1.5
mozilla.org 1.33
abebooks.com 0.96
(a bank) 0.83
(a bank) 0.9
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #22
winspiration
Connoisseur
winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle Fire HD
Using Firefox:

Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 36%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 64%

Site Male-Female Ratio
ebay.co.uk 1.17
icanhascheezburger.com 1.04
gutenberg.org 1.06
google.co.uk 1.35

Using IE:

Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 41%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 59%

Site Male-Female Ratio
amazon.co.uk 1.11
randomhouse.com 0.74
google.co.uk 1.35
harpercollins.com 0.75

Many sites missed here too, and conclusion incorrect (last time I looked!)
winspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winspiration View Post
Many sites missed here too, and conclusion incorrect (last time I looked!)
check again, surely a system as sophisticated as this one could never be wrong !!
Old 09-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #24
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I was just looking at my own results again. So mostly women use Yellowpages.com, and the visitors to TPB.org are almost entirely men? (That certainly explains the appalling ads there....) It took me a while to remember what I was doing there recently anyway. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with a llama. (Edit: and I didn't find what I was looking for there. There's probably a moral lesson to be learned from that....)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #25
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 43%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 57%

Site Male-Female Ratio
google.com 0.98
allmusic.com 1.35

do my pantyhose have a run in them?
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
It took me a while to remember what I was doing there recently anyway. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with a llama.
is that anything like going to see a man about a dog ?
Old 09-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #27
winspiration
Connoisseur
winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
check again, surely a system as sophisticated as this one could never be wrong !!
You're right, it must be me
winspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #28
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 46%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 54%

Site Male-Female Ratio
google.com
msnbc.com
excite.com
tbo.com

Think I need to cut back on the news sites a bit...but what is one to do during hurricane season?
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #29
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Likelihood of you being FEMALE is 48%
Likelihood of you being MALE is 52%

Sigh.

Site Male-Female Ratio
msn.com 0.92
amazon.com 0.9
amazon.co.uk 1.11
gutenberg.org 1.06
filext.com 1.11

I'm surprised that there is a difference between amazon.com and amazon.co.uk
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote