Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Missing libhunspell.so?

I get weird error compiling and installing Sigil on Ubuntu 16.04/64b. It compiles, but the installation aborts with:
Code:
Cmake Error at cmake_install.cmake:84 (file):
    file INSTALL cannot find /home/varlog/tmp/Sigil-build/lib/libhunspell.so
I copied mannually libhunspelld.so (and the rest of them ) to proper places - and Sigil works.
Source is git commit 4505de786374e3e75164b10bca9e373f9bb195e7 (27.05.2016), with my changes on top - but I was not meddling anywhere in install texts, was I?
Had no time to find the culprit, anybody knows something?

Last edited by varlog; 07-17-2016 at 04:09 PM.
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Would have to see what the initial parameters were that were given to cmake to be much help. You also have to be careful trying to reconfigure an existing cmake build environment "on the fly." Some things can't be changed in an existing build environment. Always best to delete the cmake build environment and reconfigure from scratch if there's any doubt.

Offhand, it sounds like your build environment got a little confused about whether it was a Release or Debug build.

I just did a full make && make install on a Sigil debug build to make sure something wasn't messed up, though. It all worked as it should.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #3
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Would have to see what the initial parameters were that were given to cmake to be much help.
Code:
-G"Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/varlog/tmp -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/Qt5.4.2/gcc_64/lib/cmake /home/varlog/tmp/Sigil
nothing suspicious...?
Old 07-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, nothing suspicious there. But you haven't ever tried to change any of those parameters after Sigil was configured (and all the makefiles were already created) have you?

Like I mentioned, when cmake gets confused, or out of whack, it's best to delete everything in the current build directory and let cmake start from scratch again.

Also, if you're unsure if you've inadvertantly changed any of the cmake build/install scripts, just use git status and/or git diff to eliminate that possibility.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-17-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
Like I mentioned, when cmake gets confused, or out of whack, it's best to delete everything in the current build directory and let cmake start from scratch again.
it's the second thing I usually do (and I've done).
Quote:
Also, if you're unsure if you've inadvertantly changed any of the cmake build/install scripts, just use git status and/or git diff to eliminate that possibility.
I've carried the whole structure via USB: the permissions got mangled: git status cries all is new because of it, but still...
Advert
Old 07-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I've got nothing then. You've obviously got a debug build of libhunpell in the build/lib directory, but install wants to copy a release version of libhunspell that you don't have. Clearly you have a debug build of Sigil built/installed if manually copying libhunspelld.so to the install directory allows Sigil to function.

I'm assuming, of course, that you've been able to successfully install your modified debug version of Sigil at some point in the past, so please stop me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case and you've wiped the cmake build directory and started from scratch and it still doesn't work, then I'm forced to assume that you've indeed somehow changed the install portions of the main cmake script. However, since your git repo is hosed, you'll need to manually diff the main cmakelists.txt file against a known good copy somehow to find out.

How were you planning to submit a merge request to the main Sigil repo with your proposed modifications if your forked repo is under the impression that ALL the source files have been altered?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-17-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:35 PM   #7
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
I've got nothing then. You've obviously got a debug build of libhunpell in the build/lib directory, but install wants to copy a release version of libhunspell that you don't have. Clearly you have a debug build of Sigil built/installed if manually copying libhunspelld.so to the install directory allows Sigil to function.

I'm assuming, of course, that you've been able to successfully install your modified debug version of Sigil at some point in the past, so please stop me if I'm wrong.
I'm ok on my main hardware (14.04/64b/SSD), using only debug version. I've rebased it on "Refactor undefined url fragment detection" yesterday actually, one conflict, resolved, no problems
The other enviroment was for test (slower proccesor, hdd).
I thought the difference libhunspell versus libhunspelld was somehow the culprit.

Quote:
How were you planning to submit a merge request to the main Sigil repo with your proposed modifications if your forked repo is under the impression that ALL the source files have been altered?
Well, this is a question !
This was something that I was thinking of, too. You get suddenly a big (big!) patch to deal with...
My idea is: public it on Spellsinger's blog first and when it goes its rounds, propose it upstream.

Last edited by varlog; 07-17-2016 at 07:40 PM.