Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
Abdull1996
Abdull1996 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
Question I Need a Kindle Dx WiFi Hack

Help me, i want to access the web from my Kindle Dx, Serial number begins with B004.
It got only Whispernet, and the country i am in is not including in the coverage area , so is it possible to hack it and make the internet work through Wifi? if not then how can i do the USBNetworking? I need extra details please, and thanks.
Abdull1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
There is no wifi hardware in the DX.
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
jejer
jejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle3
try usb network
jejer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
You should use a registration hack.
There is two here:
Nifty way:
http://mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87686

Goodspeed way:
http://mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87336
(You need usbNetwork Hack)

Then Do this if you want to do more:
http://mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95076

But why you got this type of Kindle DX now ? is it used ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Abdull1996
Abdull1996 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
Smile Thanks everyone

I bought it because it has the biggest screen, and i already registered it, and it is new.
Abdull1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 03:39 AM   #6
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Where is your country ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
There is no wifi hardware in the DX.
From what I've been able to find out the K3 and DXG have the same mini PCI-E card, an AnyData DTP-600W, so from the hardware perspective the DXG should do WiFi.

That being said maybe there is a need to look at the software on the DX to find out why its not available. In fact I would find it more use than G3 - everything on my DX is on my computer first and then transferred by USB at the moment but it would be very handy to use the wireless network instead of a cable.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The AnyData DTP-600W is the 3G module. The K3 uses an Atheros AR6000 WiFi module .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The AnyData DTP-600W is the 3G module. The K3 uses an Atheros AR6000 WiFi module .
Thank you. Now all I have to do is get one and swap them over.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I have no idea if it's a mini PCI-E card though, you should look at the K3 teardowns.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #11
ivanjt
Guru

It's not a pci-e card on the K3 from what I've been able to see on the net but there are several pci-e WiFi cards available - the question becomes, can the G3 card be replaced with a WiFi one?

Now I'll have to find time to take the DX apart and do some testing.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
Swapping PCI-E card for another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
It's not a pci-e card on the K3 from what I've been able to see on the net but there are several pci-e WiFi cards available - the question becomes, can the G3 card be replaced with a WiFi one?

Did you try putting wifi PCI-E cards into Kindle?
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #13
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:

If you can find a PCI-e wifi card that uses the Atheros AR6000 chipset (or something very similar), AND install 3.1 on the DX, you may be able to get wifi working. Another way is to find a pci-e wifi card that is supported on linux, and recompile the kernel with the driver, replace the 3g modem with the wifi card, install 3.1, and upgrade the kernel.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #14
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
Quote:

I am pretty interested in the results. Please keep us informed.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #15
liuto
Connoisseur
liuto is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DXG / Kindle 3
does DXG have SD-IO support?
liuto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle dx hack wifi