Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Scientific study shows reading iPad before bedtime can cause nightmares

Well, not really. But the brighter LCD of the iPad compared to the Kindle can decrease the the ability of the body to produce melatonin which is an important compound in helping you fall asleep. Hence, why Jobs looks so sleep deprived.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new..._sleep_experts
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
Well, not really. But the brighter LCD of the iPad compared to the Kindle can decrease the the ability of the body to produce melatonin which is an important compound in helping you fall asleep. Hence, why Jobs looks so sleep deprived.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new..._sleep_experts
He is sleep deprived because he is thinking of more nasty stabs he can take at Adobe. Probably an OSX upgrade that disables flash and no more shiny Apple products for any Acrobat Reader users.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
He is sleep deprived because he is thinking of more nasty stabs he can take at Adobe. Probably an OSX upgrade that disables flash and no more shiny Apple products for any Acrobat Reader users.
Not to mention how he can **** over his customer base yet again.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Actually, I have a little piece of software I downloaded from somewhere...I think it was called "flux". It would change your computer display's color palette to dull in the evening. The research sounds similar. Not so much to "blame" the iPad, as any bright LCD device, when compare to a relatively "dull" eInk device.

I used to have an eBookwise, which was backlit, and I would also turn the contrast down at night...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
tmarks11
tmarks11 began at the beginning.

Device: Everun
Invert the screen (white text on black screen), and I bet the iPad emits less visible light then the Kindle with a booklight.
tmarks11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
lol, this made me laugh
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Given that YouTube has demonstrated iPads are irresistible to cats, my first thought was that owners of both who left the iPad too close to the bed were suffering nightmares due to increased nocturnal feline activity...
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Lesson 99 on yet another way to get attention by riding on the iPad train.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote