Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
caryballard
caryballard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Sending a book from email

Hi guys,
I don't have the right USB cable so I tried to email an ebook. I received the email and downloaded the file, while still in the email, when I try to open it, it says "Unable to find viewer for application/x-mobipocket-ebook". I deleted the PDOC tag also. If I close the email, there's no trace of the book anywhere. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I just got the Fire over the weekend and found Calibre this morning, so I'm pretty green still, I've spent a while looking for an answer, obviously, not quite long enough. Thanks in advance for any advice.
caryballard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
When you registered your Fire, you should have received an email address from Kindle. Goto setting, then my account and you should find it there. ******@kindle.com

Just email your book to that address and it will show up shortly on your Fire.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by caryballard View Post
Hi guys,
I don't have the right USB cable so I tried to email an ebook. I received the email and downloaded the file, while still in the email, when I try to open it, it says "Unable to find viewer for application/x-mobipocket-ebook". I deleted the PDOC tag also. If I close the email, there's no trace of the book anywhere. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I just got the Fire over the weekend and found Calibre this morning, so I'm pretty green still, I've spent a while looking for an answer, obviously, not quite long enough. Thanks in advance for any advice.
No need to use USB install ES File Explorer. You can use the LAN feature from ES File Explorer to copy your files over to your Fire. You could also use Dropbox and install dropbox on your desktop and your Fire and move files over that way. I never use a USB cable.

I use either method then use File Expert to add the books to my Book shelf by opening them with the Kindle app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
caryballard
caryballard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thanks so much, both of you. I'll give those suggestions a shot as soon as I get off work.
caryballard is offline   Reply With Quote