Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #451
vanhenry71
vanhenry71 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig 7 Inch Touch Tablet
That is how my mum got mine for me. I had a toshiba tablet that was stolen, and this is the one she got me. I only need to figure figure out how to make it user friendly!
vanhenry71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #452
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenry71 View Post
Newbie here:

Bhartman36;

I have a Craig 7"tablet model CMP741e
I think you posted a way to make this thing work smoothly, you altered yours. Could you please again tell me how you did that. I am peeved i cant get the android store on mine and do what I need to make this functional. Thank you much.
The tablet I have is a much earlier model (the A model), so I'm not 100% sure that this will work for you, but the first thing I would do is go here and get the firmware for it from Craig. That will get you as far as you can go officially. Now unofficially, you can root the tablet with these instructions:

It's been a long time since I've rooted the tablet, but those are the instructions I remember.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #453
Pushbuttonn
Pushbuttonn began at the beginning.

Device: craig 7 inch tablet w/ wi-fi, android
Im having trouble slding the wi-fi burton to the on position and it staying on. After 5 - 10 seconds it pops off. Every time. How do turn it on amd keep it on?
Pushbuttonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #454
Ladyinred827
Ladyinred827 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig Tablet CMP741d
Have a question and hope you might be able to help

I'm having a problem with the sites that I have on my Craig tablet. Especially, known websites like Food Network. It keeps telling me that it can't connect to the site and the site may have moved. I know that the Food Network site did not move. I was able to get on to this site and others and now I get the same message for every site I try to open. Can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Sure. It's not too tough at this point.

1) Download the custom ROM here. I'd stay away from the alpha ROM. It works, but getting it on your device takes a few extra steps. The ROM you probably want is this one.

2) Uncompress the file and rename it update.img

3) Go into Settings -> USB Mode. Make sure Host Mode is unchecked.

4) At that point, your computer should recognize it as a drive.

5) Copy that file to the root directory of the device.

6) Unplug the device from the USB cable. At this point, it should start the update process.

7) Once it's done and rebooted, go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

8) Press Menu > Filter > All

9) Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market

10) Reboot Device

At that point, you should have a working tablet running Android 2.1, with access to the Android Market.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Ladyinred827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #455
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyinred827 View Post
I'm having a problem with the sites that I have on my Craig tablet. Especially, known websites like Food Network. It keeps telling me that it can't connect to the site and the site may have moved. I know that the Food Network site did not move. I was able to get on to this site and others and now I get the same message for every site I try to open. Can you help me?
I can't say for sure, but that sounds like a problem with your wifi router. Try reseting your router and see if that helps.
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #456
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbuttonn View Post
Im having trouble slding the wi-fi burton to the on position and it staying on. After 5 - 10 seconds it pops off. Every time. How do turn it on amd keep it on?
Does the button physically pop to the off position, or does the Wifi turn off? If it's the button, it sounds like a mechanical issue. Otherwise, it might be a router issue, or a defect with the tablet itself.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #457
Sweets
Sweets began at the beginning.

Device: Craig CMP748
Hopefully I'm not too late...

I know this thread is kind of old. Hopefully I can get ahold of somebody on here. But I am curious.. I was reading the thread and I noticed it was only for the Craig 738a/b. I've searched Google, Bing, and Youtube, on how to root my CMP748 and yet I couldn't find ANYTHING. I wanted to try your technique, but i don't want to brick my device. What I'm asking is will this root work with my 748? If not, would you know a way to get rid of the apps that come with the device? I'd like to free up some memory so I can actually play some games.
Sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:28 AM   #458
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Go into your Settings and look for an Apps section. That's usually where you can delete applications on an Android device.

I know, though, that on my Nook there are just some apps that cannot be deleted that way, like Chrome, Facebook and Twitter.

Looks like you've got a microSD slot on it that will take up to a 32GB card. Maybe you can load games onto that.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:19 PM   #459
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
I know this thread is kind of old. Hopefully I can get ahold of somebody on here. But I am curious.. I was reading the thread and I noticed it was only for the Craig 738a/b. I've searched Google, Bing, and Youtube, on how to root my CMP748 and yet I couldn't find ANYTHING. I wanted to try your technique, but i don't want to brick my device. What I'm asking is will this root work with my 748? If not, would you know a way to get rid of the apps that come with the device? I'd like to free up some memory so I can actually play some games.
You might want to try this method:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

Be careful, though. The link I found this one through said that someone had bricked their device using this method. Obviously, I take no responsibility for the results.