Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Advice about line-height

Hi,

I have an ePub I read on a Kobo. I would like to be able to adjust the line height with the Kobo settings, and not have fixed values inside my book.

So I have removed all line-height values. It works, except that even at the lowest settings on my Kobo the line height is too big.

Is there a way in the css to reduce the line height, and still keep the possibility to adjust it through the Kobo settings?

Thanks
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The apparent size of the line-height depends of the font. A line-height of 1 might look OK for some font, too large for some other font, and too small (overlapping lines) for yet another font. This depends on how the fonts are designed and how the glyphs fit (or not) in their boxes. So, try with another font, or modify your preferred font with Fontforge (I believe HarryT wrote something about this a long time ago, probably in the Mobipocket or Workshop forums).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks. I have noticed as well all this mess is because of Calibre when it converts ePub to ePub (to include the cover for instance or do some other stuff) changes the ePub structure a lot, with new css properties, and even edits the individual pages and add fixed margins to them.

Instead I have taken back the original file, I have added the cover manually with Sigil, and I have changed nothing more. And oh miracle, now the lines are good, I can change the line height from within my kobo, and the margins as well.

Now I'll avoid converting books with Calibre
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote