Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #46
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Yes, I wish Apple implemented an equivalent to shortcuts on PC/Mac that would allow me to put the same app on different screens or in different folders. I have tried to find an iOS app to do that, but the ones I found just didn't work as expected, or seem to create a shortcut on the iPad that will launch a web link that will launch an app, which kind of tickles my paranoia, plus it's not very useful when you're not online, which happens to me frequently.

Since reading the comments about folders on this thread, I have embarked on a complete reorganization of screens and folders on my iPad. Now it's a complete mess and I can't find anything.
Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, so am I.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm sticking with my prediction. iPad 5 in T-24 days.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #48
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
I don't think it will happen until late summer/early fall.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #49
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
October. iPad Mini retina manufacturing is supposed to start in June/July. Back-to-School sale starts in June, so they will probably retire the free iPod promotion, and instead include the iPad Mini non-retina as the bonus you get when buying a Mac with the education discount.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #50
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I have relatives with similar maladies as well.

I quote "hope springs eternal in the human breast."

Or from my own time in service. "pie for supper!"
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #51
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Lol, I'm hoping for a slightly later release (after June). Just bought an iPad 4 in February as well as a bunch of China tabs and now the Nooks so my tech fund is in need of major replenishment. :
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #52
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Message from Carnac the Magnificent

We're now less than two weeks away from the launch of the iPad 5.

This was posted 2 days ago:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/46764...ate-rumors.htm

Quote:
According to Stabley Times, Walmart offered discounts on the device and is currently running out of stock of various iPad configurations. The combination of slashing prices on a popular product while simultaneously running out of that product is proof saying that a new version will come soon.

Walmart has slashed its retail prices on the entry level iPad mini from $329 down to $299, with higher end iPad mini models also receiving the same thirty dollar price cuts and some of the full size iPad models seeing similar price cuts.

Many Walmart retail stores have begun running out of the higher capacity iPad mini models altogether.
I have spoken.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #53
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Who else is discounting iPads?

See any parts leaks anywhere?

It could happen I suppose since one never knows when it comes to Apple BUT the smart money probably is on a fall/winter release.

My thought is that it will be released before the Mini 2 to avoid another cannibalization especially if the Mini 2 can hold close to a nice size and weight. If not, I'd lean towards the 5.

Last edited by robertc88; 05-17-2013 at 10:05 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #54
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I don't see any price drop on iPad mini here in France. Grumble grumble.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #55
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Who else is discounting iPads?

See any parts leaks anywhere?...
I haven't seen other discounts, but my crystal ball app still says June 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
...It could happen I suppose since one never knows when it comes to Apple BUT the smart money probably is on a fall/winter release....
I would actually prefer an October release, or even as late as January. It could fit in well with my retirement plans.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #56
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Me too, I want a late release. puhleeeeeeeaaaaaase? ))
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:30 AM   #57
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
new!

watched kettle/cooker might blow up!
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #58
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
All of us have to wait, and wait, and wait.

Me? The new Republic Wireless phone!

And to fit it into the sectional topic, maybe an "old" iPhone.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #59
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

The Surface Pro is starting to look mighty good.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #60
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I just read that Apple is supposed to release a "low cost iPhone" some time this year???? That sounds weird.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote