Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #31
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Current coupon codes for Kobo eBooks (also try "us", "uk", "nz", "ww", "row" and "au" instead of country code "ca" if seen at end or in the middle of a of a code):
welcome5ca ($5 off one book!)
welcome5us ($5 off one book!)
welcome10ca ($10 off one book!)
welcome10us ($10 off one book!)
Baker30 (30% off - One time use; Expires April 23)
welcome90us (90% off one book!)
welcome90ca (90% off one book!)
welcome75ca (75% off one book!)
welcome75us (75% off one book!)
welcome50us (50% off one book!)
welcome50ca (50% off one book!)
c4auto45 (45% off - One time use)
c4auto40 (40% off - One time use)
c2auto35 (35% off - One time use)
c3auto35 (35% off - One time use)
c4auto35 (35% off - One time use)
thankyou2012 (35% off - One time use)
thankyou30 (30% off - One time use)
c2auto30 (30% off - One time use)
c1auto30 (30% off - One time use; exp Apr 20)
c1auto25 (25% off - One time use)
survey25 (25% off - One time use)
anniversary20 (20% off - One time use)
JUNE20OFF (20% off - One time use; exp Jun 30)
save20offer (20% off - One time use)
Welcome20 (20% off - One time use)
Kobodollaroff ($1.00 off - One time use; exp Jun 30)
c4auto40 (40% off - One time use)
c2auto35 (35% off - One time use)
c3auto35 (35% off - One time use)
c4auto35 (35% off - One time use)
c2auto25 (25% off - One time use)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #32
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Posted codes courtesy of http://blog.booksontheknob.org/
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #33
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Whoa, I did not know there existed that many available codes. I thought you had to be a registered user and got a personal code in an e-mail that you needed to redeem within a week.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #34
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Also; there is an ongoing thread in the Kobo forum here at MobileRead where we keep track of them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #35
Arithonne
Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arithonne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
So there is no problem buying books from Kobo and putting them on a Sony? So far I haven't done that. I've been thinking of giving it a try but so far I thought you could only put their books on a Kobo device (by association from Amazon-Kindle and B&N-Nook I suppose).
No, there's not problem with putting Kobo books on a Sony, I do it all the time. Just download the epub after purchasing the book, and load it on to the reader using your method of choice. Obvious caveat that if it's a DRMed book your reader will need to be registered with Adobe.
Arithonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #36
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arithonne View Post
No, there's not problem with putting Kobo books on a Sony, I do it all the time. Just download the epub after purchasing the book, and load it on to the reader using your method of choice. Obvious caveat that if it's a DRMed book your reader will need to be registered with Adobe.
The other minor thing is to double check that it has an Adobe e-pub available. Almost all of the books at Kobo do, but there are a few that only have K-epubs and then you'd be out of luck (unless you read it on a tablet or phone).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #37
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I am glad to see that the eReader world still has multiple large players.
That will help the competition and drive improvements.

Kindle
Nook
Kobo
Apple
hopefully Sony
and maybe others.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #38
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Glad to see Kobo is still alive and playing offensively.

I'm not thrilled with their device selection, and their iOS apps need work, but since they (finally!) offer currency at par (via PayPal), have a decent selection, regularly offer non-agency discounts, and I can download to my Sony T1 via WiFi, they've been getting more of my purchases lately (to B&N's detriment).

But that is only if I already know what title I'm purchasing. Their search engine is awful, and their book descriptions display as one huge paragraph, often missing spaces between sentences.

But that is still better than the travesty called the Sony Reader store.

I'm still waiting for one of these companies to offer the perfect everything all at the same time - device, store, apps, ecosystem, but they all keep disappointing me.

So I keep patching together my own thing.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #39
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
The other minor thing is to double check that it has an Adobe e-pub available. Almost all of the books at Kobo do, but there are a few that only have K-epubs and then you'd be out of luck (unless you read it on a tablet or phone).
So far I haven't had a problem with any ebook and I've bought plenty from them.

I have backed up all my ebooks onto my sony library and ADE.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #40
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also with all those codes I just got $70 worth of books for $12.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #41
Leonardo7000
Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Leonardo7000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Angry Getting more annoyed with Kobo (misleading service)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo7000 View Post
Thanks for the info Peter, I have emailed KoboExecutive care and will see what (if any) the response is to this missive.
Well the plot thickens, I have sent the Kobo off to the Australian Kobo in Melbourne as requested, however, the company did not have anyone there willing to receive the item and it has not been delivered. OZ post will only attempt to deliver it once more then a card is left and someone from the company is required to collect it from the nearest Post office.

Yeah! I can just see that happening .

If is NOT collected it is probably destroyed after 2 weeks

REALLY GREAT RESULT kobo ..... Thanks for nothing!!!!!

Because that is what I am going to end up with at this rate and I certainly will let everyone I meet get updated with the details if this plays out the way it is going.

Am I irate, YES, as I have complied with KOBO instructions to the letter.
Leonardo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #42
laughingdragons
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
So there is no problem buying books from Kobo and putting them on a Sony? So far I haven't done that. I've been thinking of giving it a try but so far I thought you could only put their books on a Kobo device (by association from Amazon-Kindle and B&N-Nook I suppose).
So, where do you get those coupons?
Give me a good coupon and I'll give it a good try.
No it's easy just download it to sony library or ADE. If you use ADE just save it to your desktop and right click and open with ADE.

I put my books in both libraries for double backup.

When you click the buy button scroll down a bit and there is a section to click if you have a gift card or coupon code.

I've been buying from them for a few years now and only had 1 problem with a book. It wasn't formatted right and I couldn't size up the font. I can't read on the small font. They had me try a few things, but didn't work so they ended up refunding me for the book.

Here's a code for $10 off it only works on books $10 or more

welcome10us

and I believe I used it as a canadian coupon also so you get another $10 off

welcome10ca

here's one for 90% off

welcome90ca
welcome90us

and they don't work on the big 6 books

check this thread out it has all the codes right now

Look at post #64

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=175994&page=5

I forget how many books I got but it was something like $70 worth of books for a 1ittle over $12 and I didn't get to use all the codes because I'd already used them in the past.

Last edited by laughingdragons; 04-27-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #43
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
That is some fantastic discounts. Too bad they don't count towards Big 6 books.
They must have as their ultimate business plan that customers are overrated.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #44
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
Here's a code for $10 off it only works on books $10 or more

welcome10us

and I believe I used it as a canadian coupon also so you get another $10 off

welcome10ca

here's one for 90% off

welcome90ca
welcome90us

and they don't work on the big 6 books

check this thread out it has all the codes right now

Look at post #64

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=175994&page=5

I forget how many books I got but it was something like $70 worth of books for a 1ittle over $12 and I didn't get to use all the codes because I'd already used them in the past.
I believe those coupons no longer work unfortunately.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #45
laughingdragons
Groupie

Unless they just stopped working I used some of them just a few days ago