Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #421
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongdong View Post
having great difficulties using the calibre plugin.

I converted the book calibre from mobi to mobi, input the link in the x-ray plugin, with the aliases blank.

X-ray file is successfully created and placed in the sdr folder.

however, when I enter the book, the X-ray icon will be grayed out, when I select a character and select the X-ray icon, "No Xray Found".

Hmm why is this so?
Hard to say there do still seem to be some cases when the plug-in doesn't work. Just as quick check, you say you've converted the book - I assume the version of the book which you're viewing on the Kindle is the same version as the one you converted in the plug-in?
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #422
dongdong
dongdong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Thanks for the reply. Yes the version in kindle is the same version as the one i converted. Strangely enough, when i use the gui version of the generator, it also did not work. Just wondering if there is anything i did wrong. Is there a need a change the X-ray file name before putting in the sdr folder?
dongdong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #423
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Yes the version in kindle is the same version as the one i converted. Strangely enough, when i use the gui version of the generator, it also did not work. Just wondering if there is anything i did wrong. Is there a need a change the X-ray file name before putting in the sdr folder?
It's intended to "just work" - if there are no bugs in it, at least.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #424
dongdong

Does the generator only work for drm ebooks?
Old 11-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #425
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Does the generator only work for drm ebooks?
Only for non-DRM.
Advert
Old 11-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #426
dongdong

Thanks for the confirmation. Will try on other books to see if the plugin works.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #427
trekky0623
trekky0623 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So, I'm attempting to use this to create an X-ray file, and I keep getting an error about no locations being found for characters, but I can search the raw output and find these characters' names, and I'm creating and loading my own alias file. Is there perhaps something wrong with the alias file itself?

This is my alias file:

Code:
Elphaba Thropp|Elphaba,Elphie,Fae,Fabala,Auntie Witch,Wicked Witch of the West,Wicked Witch
Galinda Upland|Galinda,Glinda
Melena Thropp|Melena
Frex|
Doctor Dillamond|Dillamond
Nanny|
Turtle Heart|
Nessarose Thropp|Nessarose,Nessa,Wicked Witch of the East
Madame Morrible|Horrible Morrible
Fiyero Tigelaar|Fiyero,Yero
Master Boq|Boq
Gillikin|
The Wizard of Oz|Wizard
Dorothy Gale|Dorothy
Manek|
Oatsie|
Crope|
Sarima|
Gawnette|
Grommetik|
Chistery|
Killyjoy|
Nastoya|
Tibbett|
Mother Yackle|
Ozma|
Lurline|
Miss Pfannee|Pfannee
Malky|
Liir|
Sir Chuffrey|Chuffrey
Irji|
Miss Shenshen|Shenshen
Professor Nikidik|Nikidik
Nor|
Uncle Henry|Henry
Shell|
Gayelette|
Igo|
Bfee|
Cowardly Lion|
Ama Clutch|
Great Oz|
Sister Bursar|Bursar
Superior Maunt|
Miss Milla|Milla
Nipp|
Quelala|
Avaric|
Grine|
Stork|
Letta|
Miss Greyling|Greyling
Preenella|
Auntie Em|
Tin Woodman|Tinman,Tin man
Ama Clipp|
Brother Frexspar|
Crow|
Auntie Guest|
Terrible Humbug|
Lurlina|
Pastorius|
The Gale Force|
Munchkinland|
Crage Hall|
Emerald City|
Shiz|
Kiamo Ko|
Animal|
Pfaith|
Unionism|
Pfenix|
Locations are not found for Elphaba, Glinda, Nessarose, and several other important characters that I know are listed in the book under the aliases given.
trekky0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #428
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I installed the plugin and I used it once and it worked fine. I used it again and it didn't work. Next time it worked again. Then 2 or 3 times it didn't work.

Each time I get no indication of any problems.

I probably should describe my procedure in case it's something I did wrong but the last time I tried was a month or two ago and I no longer remember the procedure. I kind of gave up on it.

The two times it worked it worked very well.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #429
trekky0623
trekky0623 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
For those that had the same problem as me:

The name before the pipe must be the exact same as the name given by Shelfari. Also, my book has soft hyphens, so I used the raw output to clean that up. It works perfectly now with an offset of -16.

Code:
Elphaba Thropp (aka Elphie, Fae, Fabala, Auntie Witch, Wicked Witch of the West)|Elphaba Thropp,Elphaba,Elphie,Fae,Fabala,Auntie Witch,Wicked Witch of the West,Wicked Witch
Galinda Upland (aka Glinda)|Galinda Upland,Galinda,Glinda Upland,Glinda
Melena Thropp|Melena
Frex|Brother Frexspar,Brother Frex*spar,Frexspar
Doctor Dillamond|Doc*tor Dilla*mond,Dillamond,Dilla*mond
Nanny|
Turtle Heart|
Nessarose Thropp (aka Nessa, Wicked Witch of the East, Emminent Thropp)|Nessarose Thropp,Nessa*rose Thropp,Nessarose,Nessa*rose,Nessa,Wicked Witch of the East,Eminent Thropp, Em*in*ent Thropp
Madame Morrible (aka Horrible Morrible)|Madame Morrible,Ma*dame Mor*rible,Horrible Morrible,Hor*rible Mor*rible,Mor*rible
Fiyero Tigelaar (aka Yero)|Fiyero Tigelaar,Fi*yero,Yero
Master Boq|Mas*ter Boq,Boq
Gillikin|Gil*likin
The Wizard of Oz|The Wiz*ard of Oz,Wizard of Oz,Wiz*ard of Oz,Wizard,Wiz*ard
Dorothy Gale|Dorothy
Manek|
Oatsie|Oat*sie
Crope|
Sarima|
Gawnette|
Grommetik|Grom*metik
Chistery|
Killyjoy|Killy*joy
Nastoya|Princess Nastoya,Prin*cess Nastoya
Tibbett|Tib*bett
Mother Yackle|Yackle
Ozma|
Lurline|Lur*line,Lurlina
Miss Pfannee|Miss Pfan*nee, Pfan*nee
Malky|
Liir|
Sir Chuffrey|Sir Chuf*frey,Chuf*frey
Irji|
Miss Shenshen|Miss Shen*shen,Shen*shen
Professor Nikidik|Pro*fessor Nikidik,Doctor Nikidik,Doc*tor Nikidik
Nor|
Uncle Henry|Henry
Shell|
Gayelette|
Igo|
Bfee|
Cowardly Lion|Cow*ar*dly Lion,Lion
Ama Clutch|
Sister Bursar|Sis*ter Bursar, Bursar
Superior Maunt|Su*per*ior Maunt,Mother Maunt, Maunt
Miss Milla|Milla
Nipp|
Quelala|
Avaric|Av*aric
Grine|
Stork|
Letta|
Miss Greyling|Greyling
Preenella|
Auntie Em|
Tin Woodman|Tin Wood*man,Tinman
Ama Clipp|
Crow|
Auntie Guest|
Terrible Humbug|
Pastorius|Pas*torius
The Gale Force|the Gale Force,Gale Force
Munchkinland|Munch*kin*land
Crage Hall|
Emerald City|Em*er*ald City
Shiz|
Kiamo Ko|
Animal|An*imal
Pfaith|
Unionism|Uni*on*ism
Pfenix|
trekky0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #430
dongdong

What do you mean "the name before the pipe "?
Old 11-23-2014, 12:13 AM   #431
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
What do you mean "the name before the pipe "?
The vertical bar. It looks like this:
Code:
|
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #432
a_alex_1993
a_alex_1993 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Hard to say there do still seem to be some cases when the plug-in doesn't work. Just as quick check, you say you've converted the book - I assume the version of the book which you're viewing on the Kindle is the same version as the one you converted in the plug-in?
I am having a similar problem, i have an already built x-ray file and I copied it to the right folder whitout making any change. The first time I used it it worked fine, it was very well made and had almost all the info I needed but the next time I opened the same book the x-ray option disappeared.
After that I realised that my kindle PW 2 was actually deleting the x-ray file every time i was opening the book. I tried creting different x-ray files in almost all the methods i could find (or using and EBOK mobi file), also i tried to make the x-ray file read only which didn't work either... I am now out of ideas please help?
Current ebook file: .azw3 Kindle PW 2 firmware: 5.6.1
a_alex_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #433
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_alex_1993 View Post
I am having a similar problem, i have an already built x-ray file and I copied it to the right folder whitout making any change. The first time I used it it worked fine, it was very well made and had almost all the info I needed but the next time I opened the same book the x-ray option disappeared.
After that I realised that my kindle PW 2 was actually deleting the x-ray file every time i was opening the book. I tried creting different x-ray files in almost all the methods i could find (or using and EBOK mobi file), also i tried to make the x-ray file read only which didn't work either... I am now out of ideas please help?
Current ebook file: .azw3 Kindle PW 2 firmware: 5.6.1
The 5.6.1 firmware uses a new format for the X-Ray files. I am working on a version of the builder (not the Calibre plugin) that will work with them, but I don't think it works yet. You can download version 1.41 at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245754 and give it a try using the "new format" option in settings.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #434
a_alex_1993
a_alex_1993 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
The 5.6.1 firmware uses a new format for the X-Ray files. I am working on a version of the builder (not the Calibre plugin) that will work with them, but I don't think it works yet. You can download version 1.41 at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245754 and give it a try using the "new format" option in settings.
Thanks for the quick reply
I tried the new format option in the GUI X-ray file generator, but the same as i said before happened, when i opened the book again the x-ray option greyed out. Is there any way of converting an old X-ray file to the new version, that would be very practical since most pre-made x-ray files are in the old version and just converting them would be awesome.
What is weird though is the fact that it worked once, i didn't update the firmware since then and since i keep my pw almost always on aeroplane mode i doubt it could update OTA (if that's even an option).
Thank you for the clarification.
a_alex_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #435
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_alex_1993 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply
I tried the new format option in the GUI X-ray file generator, but the same as i said before happened, when i opened the book again the x-ray option greyed out. Is there any way of converting an old X-ray file to the new version, that would be very practical since most pre-made x-ray files are in the old version and just converting them would be awesome.
What is weird though is the fact that it worked once, i didn't update the firmware since then and since i keep my pw almost always on aeroplane mode i doubt it could update OTA (if that's even an option).
Thank you for the clarification.
If you didn't have the backdoor lock installed, it probably updated automatically OTA while you weren't in airplane mode at some point. They're sneaky like that.
There's no way of converting the old format to the new format yet. I made an initial attempt at a converter (located here: https://www.revensoftware.com/files/...1.01-win32.rar) but it doesn't seem to work properly yet either. Someone said that after using the converter, it no longer deletes the x-ray file when you try to use it, but it still doesn't open. I don't have a 5.6 device to test with, so I'm not sure where the issue is.

Edit: For those who don't like running arbitrary programs, source is here: https://code.google.com/p/xray-build...repo=converter

Last edited by Ephemerality; 12-05-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray