Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #61
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
I got mine about 2 hours ago. I can't really say the screen is less reflective than my K3, because I sold it last night, but it certainly seems that way subjectively.

On a less important note, I miss the old author screensavers. So far I'm not a fan of the new ones. I may have to look into a hack to change them.

Otherwise, I'm happy, and hoping manufacturers get moving on cases for this thing.
Do you recognize any of the new authors? Please tell us who they are and/or post a pic or two?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #62
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Do you recognize any of the new authors? Please tell us who they are and/or post a pic or two?
SO models have ads for screensavers and not authors.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #63
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
SO models have ads for screensavers and not authors.
Yes, I know. Timelysarcasm has indicated that he/she (sorry ) has the non-KSO version
Old 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #64
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
So jealous. Still waiting for mine to arrive. UPS has until 7pm my time. Tick tock.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #65
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yeah; it's doable. My fav is Hidden Expedition.
Hmmm... I see...

I guess is because those games do not need a high refresh rate. However, I personal want to keep my eink reader for that, reading. My own personal preference, of course.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #66
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
Update that baby to 4.0.1!
Is 4.0.1 really out, or just teasing? I looked but couldn't find it.

EDIT: Oops, never mind, I just found it. I'll do the update then post back.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #67
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Is 4.0.1 really out, or just teasing? I looked but couldn't find it.

EDIT: Oops, never mind, I just found it. I'll do the update then post back.
I wouldn't tease you Jack, I look up to you (until my Kindle arrives)
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #68
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
why oh why is the new Kindle's screen better ? I prefer the keyboard but number one thing for me is the quality of the screen. On the pictures it looks indeed like the KK has a layer compared to the new Kindle. If it's indeed the case, I wonder why amazon didn't communicate on that ?
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #69
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
There aren't any authors this time around (at least not after turning mine on and off about 20 times to see).

Here are some pics of the new ones, they're mostly inanimate objects/pictures of letters/etc.

Sorry I can't imbed them, I think I'm too new of a member (and for the record, female).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ous/kindle.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle6.jpg
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #70
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
why oh why is the new Kindle's screen better ?
It shouldn't be better - it's the same screen. Can anyone post a side-by-side comparison screen shot?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #71
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
why oh why is the new Kindle's screen better ? I prefer the keyboard but number one thing for me is the quality of the screen. On the pictures it looks indeed like the KK has a layer compared to the new Kindle. If it's indeed the case, I wonder why amazon didn't communicate on that ?
I'm not sure @Papi. The Amazon website does have this blurb:

Quote:
Most Advanced E Ink Display
Kindle's high-contrast E Ink display delivers clear, crisp text and images.
But most of us thought/think that it refers merely to the fact that the K4 uses the Pearl eInk screen. Maybe they were being subtle in stating they improved on what the Pearl screen can do.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-29-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #72
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It shouldn't be better - it's the same screen. Can anyone post a side-by-side comparison screen shot?
I already did, check the first post.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #73
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I'm not sure Papi. The Amazon website does have this blurb:

But most of us thought/think that it refers merely to the fact that the K4 uses the Pearl eInk screen. Maybe they were being subtle in stating they improved on what the Pearl screen can do.
If they had improved on the Pearl screen, why would they not be trumpeting that from the rooftops?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #74
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
I wouldn't tease you Jack, I look up to you (until my Kindle arrives)
This added the option to use screen refreshes after each page turn.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #75
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
There aren't any authors this time around (at least not after turning mine on and off about 20 times to see).

Here are some pics of the new ones, they're mostly inanimate objects/pictures of letters/etc.

Sorry I can't imbed them, I think I'm too new of a member (and for the record, female).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ous/kindle.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle6.jpg

Thank you TS!

I like the new screen savers...the letters in particular. I can see how they might get boring after a while though.