Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 05:07 AM   #16
Stngray
Stngray began at the beginning.

Device: nook STR, iPhone 4, 3G iPad
The new iBooks is great. PDF covers are now cached. PDFs aren't blurry for me, but 99 % of mine are from one publisher (wings/airpower). After install it does take a bit to update, and your library will look empty while it is, so don't freak out.
Stngray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #17
CrystalEYE
ePub investigator
CrystalEYE began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PSR-505, Amazon Kindle 2, Apple iPad, iPhone (iBooks, stanza)
Are there any infos out there what video and audio formats you can embed that iBooks supports now?
And how to embed them?
CrystalEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Double-tap an image within a book to view it in greater detail
Seems a little buggy. Inline images have mixed results in epub. I tried Alice In Wonderland and some images I could zoom and some I couldn't.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #19
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalEYE View Post
Are there any infos out there what video and audio formats you can embed that iBooks supports now?
And how to embed them?
HTML5 is the container, .MP4 or .3GP is the format for video:

http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...ore-using.html

http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...s-on-ipad.html
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
Suzy Kindlefan
Suzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
I still haven't tried iBooks, I read on my Kindle2 and use the iPad for notes, and web surfing, watching ABC News etc. Doesn't the backlighting give eyestrain or something?
Suzy Kindlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
Suzy Kindlefan
Suzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
Oh almost forgot, iPad skins on sale:

http://suzy237.wordpress.com/
Suzy Kindlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #22
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Kindlefan View Post
I still haven't tried iBooks, I read on my Kindle2 and use the iPad for notes, and web surfing, watching ABC News etc. Doesn't the backlighting give eyestrain or something?
Only you can see through your eyeballs. Best you try for yourself. It doesn't bother my eyes, but what does that matter if you can't borrow my eyeballs to read, lol.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote