Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
Lora63
Lora63 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader 600
New computer, now cant sync collections

I bought a new computer and naively thought that i could just plug my sony reader into the usb, install the library and sync and go. even though i had started my foray in to readers on my old computer:

This has been nothing but trouble. I have collections that I can;t delete from my reader and error upon error has been occurring. The reader handbook says that these changes can only be made on the computer on which the collections were made... but i sold that computer to buy the new one.

I would like to start fresh... this is not possible as far as i have discovered. Help
Lora63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Are you using Calibre or Sony crap, um, Reader software?

If you are not using Calibre, install it and copy all the books from the reader into the Calibre library. It should be able to save everything and let you manage your collections.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Lora,

You should be able to copy all the books from the Sony to the PC just dragging them from the Sony to the Library.

Once you have done that.. you can format your reader... there is an option in the menu to do that. Then create your collections and re-sync your reader. A bit of a pain... but it shouldn't take to long... depending how many collections you had.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Install Calibre. Once you are using it, just edit the tags of the books on the reader. The different tags translate into the Collections.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote