Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #22246
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Ugh, I finally have time to do the video I promised and without realizing it I went over the maximum time limit that my DSLR would support. Now I'm going to have to start all over.

Last edited by Dylrob; 03-11-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #22247
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
[RANT]OMG! All you happy people make me sick! Doesn't anybody have a RANT sufficient to keep this thread on the front page?[/RANT]
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #22248
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
yes, in fact I do.
one would blow everyones mind
two would possibly compromise a lawsuit
three would pretty much echo a lot of aches and pains
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #22249
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I hate being left in suspense! [/rant]
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #22250
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
About rants: Sometimes one is plainly to angry to even go and type a post...
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #22251
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
asdbnkasdfjkdfkf!
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #22252
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Why, I wonder, is always my external disk +time machine defect when I do a check on it. Then I have to copy folders, format the thing, which takes ages and anyway: what do I know about computers???
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #22253
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Today has to get better. I'm hoping that by tomorrow, today will have improved.
It began with a tetanus shot, followed by a rabies shot, then two hours later a visit to the dentist to get the stitches removed from the extraction last week. Then two hours of filling out various visa forms... in triplicate, scanning them into the computer, collating then into the proper order and piles, then figuring out how to get to the Thai consulate during the two hours that they accept visa applications and NOT have to deal with rush hour trains... in the middle of morning rush hour... I think I need a glass of rum.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #22254
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Today has to get better. I'm hoping that by tomorrow, today will have improved.
It began with a tetanus shot, followed by a rabies shot, then two hours later a visit to the dentist to get the stitches removed from the extraction last week. Then two hours of filling out various visa forms... in triplicate, scanning them into the computer, collating then into the proper order and piles, then figuring out how to get to the Thai consulate during the two hours that they accept visa applications and NOT have to deal with rush hour trains... in the middle of morning rush hour... I think I need a glass of rum.

Stitchawl
Ouch, all the shots! Did you decide to pitch a tent and camp in the consulate's lobby overnight?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #22255
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ouch, all the shots! Did you decide to pitch a tent and camp in the consulate's lobby overnight?
Good idea! I'm sitting here at Zero;Dark;30 getting ready to face the early morning crush hour on Japanese trains... The consulate only accepts visa applications between 9:30-11, and it takes me 90 minutes to get there with three train/bus changes... I hate doing visa stuff...

Stitchawl
Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #22256
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I HATE CONSULATES.
I HATE THE PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THEM.

I WANT MY MOMMY.

Stitchawl
Old 03-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #22257
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Ruh-roh
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #22258
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I'm now sitting in the Osaka Prefectural Police building waiting to get finger-printed, DNA'd, retina-scanned, and anything else the damn Consulate 'forgot' to mention in their 'list of needed documents.' Then we need to go to the Ministry of Justice to get three other documents 'stamped' by them, also not mentioned in their 'convenient' list. Why do they bother to post a list to begin with?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #22259
Stitchawl
Opsimath

It gets better.... The 'official' documents, issued by the various governmental offices, then have to get notarized (by some lady sitting in a small office miles from nowhere,) to prove that the official documents issued by the various governmental offices are legitimate, THEN... they have to get stamped by the Ministry of Justice to officiate the fact that the notary seals are legitimate. Of course, each paper costs roughly $120 USD, and each stamping costs roughly $100 USD... Somebody along the line is getting some very nice kickbacks...

I HATE CONSULATES!
I HATE THE PEOPLE WHO WORK IN CONSULATES
BUT MOST OF ALL, I HATE BUREAUCRATS!

Stitchawl
Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #22260
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Ahhh the efficancy of developing countries and their desire to be bribed.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness