Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #841
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
http://bit.ly/kualit works just fine for the link.
changed.
Quote:
Got a blinder of a headache right now. Will bump heads with KNC1 later on...
Better not bumping heads when you have a headache. But seriously, get more sleep if you can
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #842
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
KUAL Project Support

Takes another painful step forward towards being open to the public:

MikeTwo just got an upgrade:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MikeTwo

Sort of ignore the pre-existing top three boxes.
Just scroll down to align new banner near top of the browser.
(Your toolbar will hide, but it comes back when you hover your mouse pointer over it. It is intended to work that way. )

This new (proposed) layout for the member's profile page puts a lot of navigation into the first page-view (without scrolling the page).

These four boxes are in addition to all of the drop-downs from the disappearing toolbar.
(User can 'lock' the toolbar open if they wish with a profile preference - MikeTwo likes it to go away).

The project forum at:
http://kual.knetconnect.com/forums/forum/kual/
Is available for comments and discussion (and that site is open for new registrations - only the wiki is closed to new members.)

Of course, comments in this thread will also be noticed.

Mike
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #843
jacksonb
jacksonb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
@readandread, @jacksonb, did you not see the display that I have added to #786? If you didn't then we have a bug. If you did, what part of it was confusing to you?
I did see the display as you posted it. The confusing part was that I had extensions installed in the documents folder so I wasn't sure why they weren't being recognized. I didn't know that they had to be in the root.
jacksonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:20 AM   #844
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay good point.

Perhaps a slight rewrite of the message...

And also a slightly harder read of the section entitled.
"SUPPORT <-- LIKE READ THIS AT LEAST ONCE"

cheers
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #845
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
I've noticed that when the Kindle is sync or new books are downloaded the KUAL launcher "book" from the Kindle shelf is deleted. Is there any way to tell Amazon to f*ck off and leave my KUAL laucher alone? I
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #846
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
I've noticed that when the Kindle is sync or new books are downloaded the KUAL launcher "book" from the Kindle shelf is deleted. Is there any way to tell Amazon to f*ck off and leave my KUAL laucher alone? I
Try a "view all items" - see if it is really gone or just moved.
No one else has reported this (yet).
Old 05-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #847
knc1
Going Viral

Project Support Wiki

Getting closer to having a re-designed member's profile page:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bi...eTwo#ProtoType
(A requirement to be met prior to opening the site for new member registrations.)

Hover mouse pointer over the "T" icon in the upper left to see the toolbar / breadcrumb thingy.

PS: The member profile page is just another Wiki page, dressed up a bit.
This site package supports some rather fancy Wiki pages.

Last edited by knc1; 05-22-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:24 AM   #848
woel
woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.woel can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you so much for KUAL. You rock, developers, and I hope you know that. I have one small question though - is it possible to change the "cover" picture of KUAL? Because frankly, I think the original one is pretty ugly (just a personal opinion, no offense meant).
woel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #849
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by woel View Post
Thank you so much for KUAL. You rock, developers, and I hope you know that. I have one small question though - is it possible to change the "cover" picture of KUAL? Because frankly, I think the original one is pretty ugly (just a personal opinion, no offense meant).
Sure. Just compile it with whatever picture you want.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #850
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by woel View Post
Great! A volunteer. Like to hear from volunteers.

Go to the KUAL developer's forum:
http://kual.knetconnect.com/forums/forum/kual/

Scroll down, near the bottom of the right side-bar you will find a "register" link - use it to register.

Start a thread there on topic of the cover.
Attaching as appropriate your suggested cover graphics.

That site is where all the people interested in the project (as contrasted to interested in the project's product) gather.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #851
armenmatrix
armenmatrix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle p/w
I can't copy *.bin files to Kindle p/w

Can anyone help me
armenmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #852
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenmatrix View Post
Can anyone help me
so what have you tried?
how have you tried to make the copies?
what PC are you using?

details, details, details, details
please!
this is a technically forum not Twitter.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #853
armenmatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
so what have you tried?
how have you tried to make the copies?
what PC are you using?

details, details, details, details
please!
this is a technically forum not Twitter.
Windows 7 sp1 64 bit i5-2320 GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 rev1.3

i am trying to copy update_kpvbooklet_0.4.2_install.bin file to kindle root
after safely removing , the file disapears

Last edited by armenmatrix; 05-23-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #854
knc1
Going Viral

And how are you doing that attempt at coping?

This still isn't Twitter - don't be afraid of typing a few details.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #855
armenmatrix

i copy the *.bin file to kindle root, everything seems ok, then i am disconnecting kindle from pc, then connecting again , my file disappears

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified