Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Need help with Hackbuilder: History / Joystick Hack

Hi:
I finally sat down with Hack Builder and uploaded all the cool hacks to my reader. I'm having a problem with the Joystick History, though.

I selected the following hacks in Hack Builder 1.9:
Clock
Diabolo's Icons
Direct Page Control
Disable Blue LED
Joystick History
Joystick Page Flip
Quit Display
Small Menu Font

The only button remap I did was Vol+ Hold as "do_Quit".

Everything seemed to work fine except the history. Up / down on the joy stick just advanced / decremented the page (i.e. just like right/left). I went to the history display and everything was OK there.

Am I supposed to remap the joystick up/down to something as well?

Thanks,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA View Post
Hi:
I finally sat down with Hack Builder and uploaded all the cool hacks to my reader. I'm having a problem with the Joystick History, though.

I selected the following hacks in Hack Builder 1.9:
Clock
Diabolo's Icons
Direct Page Control
Disable Blue LED
Joystick History
Joystick Page Flip
Quit Display
Small Menu Font

The only button remap I did was Vol+ Hold as "do_Quit".

Everything seemed to work fine except the history. Up / down on the joy stick just advanced / decremented the page (i.e. just like right/left). I went to the history display and everything was OK there.

Am I supposed to remap the joystick up/down to something as well?

Thanks,
Bob
If I remember correctly, "Joystick History" hack and "Joystick Page Flip" hack have some conflicts. Check the "Hack Builder!" thread.
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #3
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhuang View Post
If I remember correctly, "Joystick History" hack and "Joystick Page Flip" hack have some conflicts. Check the "Hack Builder!" thread.
You do, they do, I did

Thanks - not sure how I missed that. It appears to be on Nogg's "to do" list, so I can just use the menu until he figures something out.

I don't use history all that much, I was actually more concerned I'd goofed up a file or the Reader.

Thanks very much for the pointer!

Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote